Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Did Something Today I Havent Done In At Least Three Years


Recommended Posts

So me and my buddy are going to see King's X in New Orleans on October 26th at The Howlin' Wolf. So I got on Expedia and bought a plane ticket to fly to from Newport News to Mobile where my buddy lives. I had a job in the Coast Guard, and for 4 years and I flew at least 4 to 6 times a month. Back then I practically lived in Atlanta International Airport.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

So me and my buddy are going to see King's X in New Orleans on October 26th at The Howlin' Wolf. So I got on Expedia and bought a plane ticket to fly to from Newport News to Mobile where my buddy lives. I had a job in the Coast Guard, and for 4 years and I flew at least 4 to 6 times a month. Back then I practically lived in Atlanta International Airport.

Good on you....this 'lockdown' has gone on for about 1 year too long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

About a year ago my brother-in-law got COVID on a flight from Hartford to Chicago. That's all I have to say about that.

About your flight to Mobile, I'd fly in a heart beat today to see that concert in NOLA, but in general, I hate flying, esp. with connecting flights. When I've flown to NOLA in the past, I've been lucky enough to have direct flights, and I actually like the airport there. Don't know anything about the airport in Mobile. Have a blast Sgt.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, zigzag said:

About a year ago my brother-in-law got COVID on a flight from Hartford to Chicago. That's all I have to say about that.

About your flight to Mobile, I'd fly in a heart beat today to see that concert in NOLA, but in general, I hate flying, esp. with connecting flights. When I've flown to NOLA in the past, I've been lucky enough to have direct flights, and I actually like the airport there. Don't know anything about the airport in Mobile. Have a blast Sgt.

Yeah its gonna be killer. We were originally going to meet up in Knoxville, TN for the show in April, but you know the drill. So now I'm flying to Mobile. Spending a few days with my buddy. Then we drive to NOLA for the show and some Big Easy, and then back to his house for a few day and then home. There is no doubt we will be drinking beer and hard liquor and taking a few tokes off the vape pen with stuff that is illegal in Louisiana, but legal in Virginia in a few weeks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

About a year ago my brother-in-law got COVID on a flight from Hartford to Chicago. That's all I have to say about that.

About your flight to Mobile, I'd fly in a heart beat today to see that concert in NOLA, but in general, I hate flying, esp. with connecting flights. When I've flown to NOLA in the past, I've been lucky enough to have direct flights, and I actually like the airport there. Don't know anything about the airport in Mobile. Have a blast Sgt.

I'm missing how the fact that your BIL got COVID on a flight....what has that to do with the lockdown?  

I've was locked down since early March, 2020......  went out once a week to get supplies......dipped myself in Lysol every time...... wore a mask (not for the 'science' but because it was required of me)....I still got COVID......it kind of gives me a sense of freedom....I can't get it again.....I can't spread it.......I'm probably better off than those who choose to get the experimental vaccine.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Put up your dukes, you effers!

I haven't been on a plane in years but that trip sounds like fun.

My FZ arrived today. I don't have to go in until late tomorrow. So I'm gonna get up when no one is home and blow the dust off the Polk Audio's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nice after 3 post people are already fighting.

Is it fighting if someone refuses to participate?  
I just speak my mind….others can agree or disagree.

if someone wants to call me a name…..I don’t care….you have to respect someone fir their opinion to matter.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Is it fighting if someone refuses to participate?  
I just speak my mind….others can agree or disagree.

if someone wants to call me a name…..I don’t care….you have to respect someone fir their opinion to matter.  

I didn't say I agree or disagree with it, just that after 3 post maybe the correct term should have been . . . disagree.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So me and my buddy are going to see King's X in New Orleans on October 26th at The Howlin' Wolf. So I got on Expedia and bought a plane ticket to fly to from Newport News to Mobile where my buddy lives. I had a job in the Coast Guard, and for 4 years and I flew at least 4 to 6 times a month. Back then I practically lived in Atlanta International Airport.

Sounds like a good time,enjoy yourself Joel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Oh its gonna be fun. King's X, NOLA, beer, booze, weed, no wives. We won't be smoking any Sherman's though.

The seventies were tough on the body, the eighties weren’t much better. Glad I found Karen to straighten all things crooked within me.❤️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

The seventies were tough on the body, the eighties weren’t much better. Glad I found Karen to straighten all things crooked within me.❤️

Where I grew up Dust was big. I never did that stuff. Weed oh hell yeah and still do. Its legal here in a week and a half. I think one of the Dakotas is legal for recreationally. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

I've was locked down since early March, 2020......  went out once a week to get supplies......dipped myself in Lysol every time...... wore a mask (not for the 'science' but because it was required of me)....I still got COVID......it kind of gives me a sense of freedom....I can't get it again.....I can't spread it.......I'm probably better off than those who choose to get the experimental vaccine.

Sorry to kick a dead horse. I'm good at that. The fact is that the lockdown significantly slowed infection... that is not even debatable.  The next thing is that the vaccine is no longer experimental. There are literally hundreds of millions of administered vaccines, and the data confirms the vaccine's reported efficiency. The lockdown was not about you or my brother-in-law. It was about responsible behavior and doing the best we could to prevent the spread, not just to ourselves, but to others. In my area that was saturated with COVID (the highest reported cases per capita the country) mostly because people ignored recommendations, those who didn't get it were locked down and minimized their exposure. And now that my wife and I have been vaccinated, we feel the same freedom you do. It is absolutely untrue and irresponsible to say that the lockdown didn't slow infection rates.

My apologies to Sgt. if this thread gets shutdown.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, zigzag said:

Sorry to kick a dead horse. I'm good at that. The fact is that the lockdown significantly slowed infection... that is not even debatable.  The next thing is that the vaccine is no longer experimental. There are literally hundreds of millions of administered vaccines, and the data confirms the vaccine's reported efficiency. The lockdown was not about you or my brother-in-law. It was about responsible behavior and doing the best we could to prevent the spread, not just to ourselves, but to others. In my area that was saturated with COVID (the highest reported cases per capita the country) mostly because people ignored recommendations, those who didn't get it were locked down and minimized their exposure. And now that my wife and I have been vaccinated, we feel the same freedom you do. It is absolutely untrue and irresponsible to say that the lockdown didn't slow infection rates.

My apologies to Sgt. if this thread gets shutdown.

No biggie it happens. As a matter of fact my thread just got squashed the other day. I was just in Little River, SC over the weekend and Carolinians especially the South ones don't give a fuk about masks, and vaccinations, and all the other stuff associated with CV-19. To them it is a big hoax orchestrated by the media. When I go down there it makes me laugh. All the senior citizens driving around in their golf carts with Yeti cups of 80 proof booze in them. How many of them are no longer here cause they thought this was just a joke? Ted Nugent did till he got it and cried like a baby when he did.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have a blast in NOLA! I'm envious. I couldn't care less about the Quarter, but the atmosphere, the people, the music and the food are just second to none.

Edited by zigzag
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Have a blast in NOLA! I'm envious. I couldn't care less about the Quarter, but the atmosphere, the people, the music and the food are just second to none.

I can't wait to have a muffuletta sandwich, and some beignets. Crawfish are tasty but I'm not sure when they are in season and a lot of work for a small bite. And who doesn't love seeing a boobie? 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What about 3/4 of a brain?

Have you had both shots Sgt? I thought you had and if so, you should be fine. Since Deb & I have had both vaccinations, we haven'y had any problems at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

I'm missing how the fact that your BIL got COVID on a flight....what has that to do with the lockdown?  

I've was locked down since early March, 2020......  went out once a week to get supplies......dipped myself in Lysol every time...... wore a mask (not for the 'science' but because it was required of me)....I still got COVID......it kind of gives me a sense of freedom....I can't get it again.....I can't spread it.......I'm probably better off than those who choose to get the experimental vaccine.

You are unlikely to get it again, but it can happen. https://lloydspharmacy.com/blogs/coronavirus/can-you-catch-covid-19-twice 

I'm not saying this to dispute, just provide the info.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Retired said:

Have you had both shots Sgt? I thought you had and if so, you should be fine. Since Deb & I have had both vaccinations, we haven'y had any problems at all. 

Yes my second one was June 10th. The first one I felt a little poo—ey, and a day after the second one I felt like hammered dog s-hit for about half a day.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...