Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Now The Concerts Are Coming Back What Was The Last One You Attended


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Retired said:

Still no clue. So I asked Debbie and she said:  "No Clue." Haha, that felt good as it wasn't just me. Then after 5 minutes she remembered and said;  Chicago at the Stir Cove in Council Bluffs. That was a few years back. 

Lets just say it was Zeppelin and leave it at that.

I saw Chicago open for The Moody Blues in '92. The legendary Tower Of Power horn section was helping Chicago out with the brass duties. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Lets just say it was Zeppelin and leave it at that.

Sounds good to me but we never saw them Lol. After she said Chicago, then she came up and said it might have been Ringo Star and his all star band.  Yep, Thats who it was. Ringo Star. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Retired said:

Sounds good to me but we never saw them Lol. After she said Chicago, then she came up and said it might have been Ringo Star and his all star band.  Yep, Thats who it was. Ringo Star. 

Nice. Ringo is a legend. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I missed him when he came. I would go see Ringo in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I saw him with his "All Stars" back in the '90's once.  Really good. Especially since I didn't pay for the tickets.  [wink]  A brother in law's boss gave him a bunch of tickets.  

Whitefang

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw Chris Thile last Friday at the Virginia Arts Festival in Colonial Williamsburg. My last show before that was the Outlaw Music Festival toward the end of 2019. I've really missed live music!

I presume that you will see Tommy Emmanuel at the Sandler. I caught him the last time he played there. It's a great venue for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zombiewuff said:

I saw Chris Thile last Friday at the Virginia Arts Festival in Colonial Williamsburg. My last show before that was the Outlaw Music Festival toward the end of 2019. I've really missed live music!

I presume that you will see Tommy Emmanuel at the Sandler. I caught him the last time he played there. It's a great venue for it.

Yes I am. I was at the Outlaw Fest with The Avett Bros, Lucas Nelson, Bonnie, Alison Krause, and Willie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly can't remember. 

And it has absolutely nothing to do with covid.
And more to do with my lack of desire to be entertained, I guess. 
I have gotten to the point where I like to make my own music and write my own chapters. 

Elton John played here a few years ago, at the Von Braun Center. 
The wife and I went. 
That was probably my last concert as an attendee.
I'll go out on a limb, and say that was it. 

It was good. 
It might've been early March of 2015, I reckon.
Davey Johnstone was on guitar and Nigel Olsson was on drums. 
And the keyboard player was killer-good. 
The percussionist sang all the high bits that Elton couldn't hit anymore. 

The acoustics in the concert hall were atrocious, at least from where we sat.
There was a non-stop cannon shot of back-slap echo off the back wall of the joint. 

We left early, in order to escape an ice storm on the roads going home. 

😐

 


72798674_9aee2b705f.jpg?resize=450,299

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I was at the Outlaw Fest with The Avett Bros, Lucas Nelson, Bonnie, Alison Krause, and Willie.

Yeah, that was the lineup. Good show. I've already got tickets for when the tour comes back through this Fall. The lineup will be: Willie Nelson & Family, Sturgill Simpson, Gov’t Mule, and Margo Price. I've seen Warren Haynes more than a dozen times, but it never gets old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, zombiewuff said:

Yeah, that was the lineup. Good show. I've already got tickets for when the tour comes back through this Fall. The lineup will be: Willie Nelson & Family, Sturgill Simpson, Gov’t Mule, and Margo Price. I've seen Warren Haynes more than a dozen times, but it never gets old.

I've only seen him with the Allman Bros in 2009, at the same place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Went to Outlaw Festival last night. Kathleen Edwards, Sturgil Simpson, Tyler Childers, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats, Gov't Mule and Willie Nelson. 

Me and my buds should all be at Del Fest all this week but it was canceled again! So we settled for this show last night at the classic venue Merriweather Post Pavilion. Among other shows, Jackson Browne's Running On Empty was recorded there. I haven't been there in like 10 or more years and the place has really been updated. Sound was amazing. Of course Warren Haynes killed it but all the acts sounded fantastic. Now I can say I saw the legendary Willie Nelson. His voice is timeless and he sounds as good at age 80 something as he ever did. A friend of a friend caught his hat that was thrown into the crowd. 😎

Overall a great show even though I'd have much preferred a long weekend in Western Maryland at Delfest. Hopefully it won't cancel a 4th time next Memorial Day Weekend.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...