Gibson Brands Forums

Dinged headstock

I just picked up this Les Paul tribute. It was sent between guitar centers and it looks like it may have been dropped or smacked against something on the way. Any advice on repair and would this at all effect the strength integrity of the headstock? This might sound stupid but I've heard of weak headstocks on Gibson's
I'm not overly worried about the cosmetic factor as I know dings will happen, just concerned about it's location.

PXL_20210622_002925172~2.jpg

Leave it be. It's not going to affect headstock integrity. I can spot a crack a mile away, and that's no crack. 

The "weak headstock" thing pertains to where the headstock meets the neck. Even then, it takes some doing to snap it. 

It'll be fine. 

I think you can hide it a bit. 

for example, Stew Mac has lacquer touch up pens that come in a variety of colors

I've used it a few times to touch of dings just like this one.  it's still there, but it is no where near as noticable.

14 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I think you can hide it a bit. 

for example, Stew Mac has lacquer touch up pens that come in a variety of colors

I've used it a few times to touch of dings just like this one.  it's still there, but it is no where near as noticable.

Note that the Tribute has satin finish. What I think that means is they take the guy who's sprayed Gibsons the longest, and have him breathe on it.