Gibson Brands Forums

Get Back

Sgt. Pepper

It is now supposed to be 6 hours long. I pre-orded the companion book and is supposed to be shipped in August.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/06/the-beatles-get-back-exclusive-deep-dive-peter-jacksons-movie?utm_source=pocket-newtab

https://illinoisnewstoday.com/peter-jacksons-beatles-get-back-premieres-at-disney/262025/

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 2

This WILL be a "no miss" for me.  But I watched the YT clip with some sadness due to getting the news Tues. that an old friend who I haven't seen since the late '70's met his demise.  He had what I thought was the best answer to that silly age old question;  "Who's your favorite Beatle?"  He would always just answer, "Yeah."  [flapper]  Obviously meaning it didn't matter, he liked 'em ALL the same. [wink]

I probably won't go to see it at a theater, but you can bet your azz I'll snatch up the DVD when it hits stores!  

Whitefang

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

"Who's your favorite Beatle?" 

The correct answer is Yoko.

I'm at the part in the Anthology Doc where they are making the Yellow Sub cartoon.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

thats the 2nd Peter Jackson peek I've seen. 

Yes it looks good.  I cant abide cinemas since popcorn was imported into the uk. 360 degree surround sound of munching is intolerable. So will have to wait for DVD or streaming.

Are movie theaters even open back up for business yet?

Its 6 hours long, so it may go right to streaming.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

8 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Here (uk)? Yes I think so. They were supposed to reopen in May. 

George Martin is the only grown up in that film; and even he looked young.

Did they somehow get rare footage of The Beatles when they were adolescents recording what would become Let It Be?

But yeah Paul was about 26 or 27-ish.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Did they somehow get rare footage of The Beatles when they were adolescents recording what would become Let It Be?

Yep. Its working title was 'will it be'. Pauls beard & Ringo's tach were added later.

I cant help feel a bit envious of the silly fun they could still have as a group. Yes it was changing then, and there were unpleasant things going on too, but fun was certainly being had despite all that.

10 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Yep. Its working title was 'will it be'. Pauls beard & Ringo's tach were added later.

I cant help feel a bit envious of the silly fun they could still have as a group. Yes it was changing then, and there were unpleasant things going on too, but fun was certainly being had despite all that.

Yeah, Bryan was gone, and they were about to, or had already hired Allen Klein. Paul was against hiring him and I think  he wanted his wife's Father to do it, or someone involved with her fathers company. Can you imagine those  4 guys were up each other a-sses almost on a daily basis since around 1960. I love my brother but having to be around him 16 hours a day for 9 years and we would probably fight too.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper