Gibson Brands Forums

This is NOT a big Bird

E-minor7

Well I did say I was looking to scale down.

And although some of the details might  come up short, that is a nice 'burst. Earlier, the MiniBird was showing as sold out, but now = "in stock". Cute, but I'd rest easier if it was still unavailable.

It would be almost as interesting to see how these are finished as it would be to see the real deal.

jTdeWWf.png

14 hours ago, 62burst said:

It would be almost as interesting to see how these are finished as it would be to see the real deal.

Hah yea, , , , guess you can create an aerosol with a tiny vintage French perfume sprinkler. . 

1 hour ago, E-minor7 said:

Hah yea, , , , guess you can create an aerosol with a tiny vintage French perfume sprinkler. . 

Yes, I was thinking small touchup spray  gun, shooting  through a stencil held a few inches off of the MiniBird to get the fade for the burst (?)

I ordered, and just recieved my little Gibson HB model which looks exactly as it does above! It shipped and arrived in just a few days.  It comes with a mini sized black guitar stand to set it on...looks classy on the end table, or in the music area! Really does look lke a Gibson Hummingbird! I wanted to order a J-45 model to pair with it HB, but they were already sold out of those! So I was lucky to get the HB.  If your a Hummingbird lover as I am, or know someone who is..this really makes a unique gift! A bit pricy..but pretty and likely to last years. It has the traditional red cherry burst on it too and the body is made of wood and painted! It's finish is not likely nitro..but it sure looks like it! Comes with strings, tuner buttons and strap pins also are on it! And the pickguard is proportunate in size with the exact Hummingbird motif approved by Gibson! Love it!

Edited by ALD323

5 minutes ago, ALD323 said:

I ordered, and just recieved my little Gibson HB model which looks exactly as it does above!

Love it!

Glad to hear that - guess we have a NGD.

To which degree is the guitar hollow ?

2 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Glad to hear that - guess we have a NGD.

To which degree is the guitar hollow ?

There is a soundhole in it  which dips inside...while the lower deeper portion of the body looks solid, but you have to look close inside to see it. It it the best replica model of a Gibson Hummingbird I have ever seen! It really draws your eye sitting a a table and is a nice size and width, and is about 10.5  inches tall when sitting on the included gruitar stand..which looks very nice too. There is carved nut over which the strings go, and also a saddle on it, and the tuner buttons are metal. It appears to look like be sitka and Mahogany. A very pleasant piece to look on almost any normal end table, the lamp brings out its brilliance and color and burst. Nicey detailed all the way around, and the black typical guitar stand it comes with allows it to be presentational in look. The web site says it is Gibson approved. The bird pick guard motif is clear detailed, and almost exact as the real thing. I just hope I can get the J-45 version as well, as I own both guitars, and these are a nice little treat to look at even when the bird and j-45 are safely locked inside their cases for protection! Mine came in just the same delicious heritage cherry red color as my real Gibson Hummingbird.

Edited by ALD323