Gibson Brands Forums

Turned 65 and I'm Sure Glad I Called Joe Namath

23 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

Call the Medicare Helpline!!  No, not really.

This policy covers about everything.  My wife's had it for a couple years and it'll pay like $2300 worth of any dental, like $600 vision, no copay on Primary Care Dr's, $1 copay on scripts, like $3,000 max out-of pocket.  It's a good policy if you're always in the shop for something, like me.  Me and Blue Cross Blue Shield go way back...

We have Kaiser's "Senior Advantage" program.   Unfortunately, Medicare charges us $450 each out of our Social Security payments for Medicare, then Kaiser charges us an additional $100 each for their program.   But....I'm going to ask my doctor if he can prescribe them for us!

Happy belated 65th Birthday,  BBP. You have some nice amps there! I love your ES-335 also. I just had a visit at the doctors yesterday,  now medicare requires a bunch of questions and answers.  I was asked to count backwards from 100 by 7,s.  I told him sure, give me a pen and paper and I might have to think about some? Then I said, How about the firing order on a chevy engine? (the same as a chrysler.).  1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.  Haha, I told him that I remembered that from the 70's when I drag raced. Then they told me to remember 3 words. 

Banana, Sunset & Chair.  They asked me what those words were twice  through the appt.  I still remember them.  This was just for a refill of scripts for another year. 

• Confused 1

[confused] Backwards from 100 by SEVENS??   What in the HELL was up with THAT?  If I have to go in to my doc's for prescription matters he just gives me the routine treatment(bp, looks in the ears, deep breaths with a stethoscope  all over my back and chest, etc.)  And the only thing he told me to remember was to pay my co-pay!  [biggrin]  So, what was the reason for that stuff?

Whitefang

Again, Butch.....

What in Hell was your doctor trying to pull with all that stupid "count backwards from 100 in sevens" nonsense?  What was he looking for?  And why, if it was just a matter of you going to fulfill  some ridiculous insurance requirement in order to get new prescriptions for the medicine you've been taking all along that probably keeps you alive, or at least out of the hospital?  That is the scummiest thing I think insurance companies, in "cahoots" with doctors(and in this case I do believe they're in cahoots) .  My doctor tried to BS me into buying his "they just want to determine if you still really need the medicine" bit.  Even my wife had to go in routinely to keep getting her insulin covered.  I've never heard or known of anybody suddenly being "cured" of diabetes.  She shouldn't have HAD to go to the doctor(and of course, pay an office visit fee, which is where the "cahoots" comes in) to keep getting prescriptions for it.   I tell ya...

The AMA must have one hell of a strong lobby to keep getting away with that kind of ****.  But of course, the AMA lobby has and endless supply of money.  Mostly OUR money!  [cursing]

Whitefang

On 7/8/2021 at 11:18 AM, DanvillRob said:

...    You should post photos of all your amps!

215828048_10222373379696570_708175494094

Roland Microcube, Peavey acoustic, Kalamazoo Model 1, Tennamp 1x15 Pro, Tennamp Tweedle Dee Deluxe, '74 Bassman 1x15 Combo, Tennamp Pro Jr., '78 Champ, '74 Deluxe Reverb, '66 Deluxe Reverb, '72 Princeton Reverb, Tennamp Reverb unit in rear.  Leslie 125 not pictured.  I have a '52 Gibson BR-6 basket case too.

Edited by badbluesplayer
  • Like 2

On 7/9/2021 at 11:23 AM, Whitefang said:

[confused] Backwards from 100 by SEVENS??   What in the HELL was up with THAT?  If I have to go in to my doc's for prescription matters he just gives me the routine treatment(bp, looks in the ears, deep breaths with a stethoscope  all over my back and chest, etc.)  And the only thing he told me to remember was to pay my co-pay!  [biggrin]  So, what was the reason for that stuff?

Whitefang

Easy Hoss.  The "all that for another year of scripts" thing wasn't literal.  Some English major could explain it to you.  They're giving him a basic cognition check.  Don't worry about it, you'll do fine on yours.  

You know, there's a whole world out there between the lines that you guys are missing by yelling about your insecurities all the time.  It's summer.  Don't be a bummer.  You can have ice cream if you're good.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

Roland Microcube, Peavey acoustic, Kalamazoo Model 1, Tennamp 1x15 Pro, Tennamp Tweedle Dee Deluxe, '74 Bassman 1x15 Combo, Tennamp Pro Jr., '78 Champ, '74 Deluxe Reverb, '66 Deluxe Reverb, '72 Princeton Reverb, Tennamp Reverb unit in rear.  Leslie 125 not pictured.  I have a '52 Gibson BR-6 basket case too.

Impressive!    Thanks for posting!

When I retired, I wanted to buy Long-Term Care Insurance.   They sent a nurse to the house for a physical....and it included  cognitive test.....she gave 10 words at random, then several times through the testing, she’d ask me to tell her the words again.    The policy costs me $20K per year.....so it BETTER be there when I or my wife needs it!

7 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

The Gibson BR-6 basket case - THAT was a great amp.

10 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Thanks, Hummingbird Custom Koa....I still wouldn't mind having a straight Bozeman Hummingbird, (but not red).

Guitar Center had a Hummingbird way back but I can't remember what they were asking for it? Way more than I had at the time Haha. 

10 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Again, Butch.....

What in Hell was your doctor trying to pull with all that stupid "count backwards from 100 in sevens" nonsense?  What was he looking for?  And why, if it was just a matter of you going to fulfill  some ridiculous insurance requirement in order to get new prescriptions for the medicine you've been taking all along that probably keeps you alive, or at least out of the hospital?  That is the scummiest thing I think insurance companies, in "cahoots" with doctors(and in this case I do believe they're in cahoots) .  My doctor tried to BS me into buying his "they just want to determine if you still really need the medicine" bit.  Even my wife had to go in routinely to keep getting her insulin covered.  I've never heard or known of anybody suddenly being "cured" of diabetes.  She shouldn't have HAD to go to the doctor(and of course, pay an office visit fee, which is where the "cahoots" comes in) to keep getting prescriptions for it.   I tell ya...

The AMA must have one hell of a strong lobby to keep getting away with that kind of ****.  But of course, the AMA lobby has and endless supply of money.  Mostly OUR money!  [cursing]

Whitefang

I hate going to the doctor now these days. He told me these question and answers were from Medicare who require doctors to do them.  Actually I don't think he really enjoyed doing it anymore than I had to do it. He knows me and my history. But he said, he was required to do it for Medicare. Not my Physicians  insurance.  Yeah, I thought the whole thing was stupid. And even Trump said he was asked to count backwards from 7's and he couldn't do it. They had a whole page on questions but I wasn't asked on them all. I wonder if Medicare is looking for signs on dementia? But what difference would that make? Still you need your prescriptions. My long term memory is better than my short term. I know when I used to play chess that I could think in my mind 13 moves ahead for me and my appointment in 3 different variations. That's how I could beat Chess experts above an A rating. But I can still remember those 3 words they told me to remember days later.  Banana, Sunset & Chair.  So I must still be ok?  Haha. 

9 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

What a lot of nice amps,  BBP.  How many guitars do you have? If I can ask? 

2 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

5 guitars.  Telecaster, 335, Les Paul, SG. J45.  I'm getting ready to trade the SG and the LP for something.

[wink]

I've got a fairly new Craftsman lawn mower I'm not using lately, so...

Wanna trade?  [smile]

Whitefang

13 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

5 guitars.  Telecaster, 335, Les Paul, SG. J45.  I'm getting ready to trade the SG and the LP for something.

Very nice, I'm a dog person to and have had a dog ever since I was one year old. His name? No clue what it was Lol and no idea when he died but I do remember a ton of dogs. Before Sundance now, we had a Hound. he was my shadow. Of course, this one is too. I love that hound in your avatar! Nice looking. 

Wow, impressive collection of amps!  I have amp envy.  As for the dogs,  my wife and I were living our best lives after the kids grew up and moved out.  Oldest one moves back in for a few months with her dog (small mixed breed hound), moves out and leaves dog behind.  Youngest is in college living off campus and decides she needs a dog for protection.  She comes home over the summer with the dog (Black lab - Rottweiler mix), and goes back to school without dog, but we love both of them.

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2021 at 10:28 PM, Retired said:

Very nice, I'm a dog person to and have had a dog ever since I was one year old. His name? No clue what it was Lol and no idea when he died but I do remember a ton of dogs. Before Sundance now, we had a Hound. he was my shadow. Of course, this one is too. I love that hound in your avatar! Nice looking. 

That's our hound mix, Karma.  She's awesome!

On 7/19/2021 at 11:30 AM, SteveFord said:

bbp,

Didn't you have a cheapie Guild jazz box?

I recall you were looking for one and I think you bought one but never heard much after that.

Yes.  I had that for maybe a year or so.  I probably would have kept it, but it fed back so bad that I really couldn't use it except playing by myself.  I sold it when I bought the LP, maybe?  These things come and go...