Gibson Brands Forums

I think I am going to take 01GT eibach's lead and split from this seen as well. We both probably passed each other many times at shows in the Bay Area in the 80's and 90's and never knew it. You guys have heard me post about Zappa enough and if you don't listen or get him then that is your loss. I've been here since about 2013, or so under 3 or 4 names. I have learned all the important things like what strings to use, and that J-45's are about the only acoustic Gibson should make, and that the binding on my guitars will pop off, and that next week I will probably need a neck reset on all of my acoustic guitars. I've seen all the this guitar vs. that guitar posts. And when Gibson has QA issues most look the other way, but bash the other brand for issues. This forum is no different than Martin's or Guilds or Rickenbacker's, or Fenders if it is still there. We all play what we like. I've had some good times here and never lied to anyone about what I did in my life and always tried to help to the best of my limited knowledge, while of course being a wise a-ss and trying to inject my humor in the this place. The Canadian guy can now find a new person to stalk. And the Zombie threads are getting way  out of hand. Sorry to all who didn't get lucky enough to spend $4299 for a Noel Gallagher J-150, as Ricky says on Trailer Park Boys "Way She Goes" or maybe it was Bubbles.

If anyone wants to keep in touch, PM me (not sure why you would though),  I will check back in a few days and get your e-mail  if you want to share it, and I will keep in touch. I have a few peoples e-mails already.  Most will probably say good riddens.

Later,

Joel

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I am going to take 01GT eibach's lead and split from this seen as well. We both probably passed each other many times at shows in the Bay Area in the 80's and 90's and never knew it. You guys

Indeed: Ooby dooby, ooby dooby Ooby dooby, ooby dooby Ooby dooby, ooby dooby, ooby dooby Dooby dooby doo wah, doo wah, doo wah

I have a prediction.. you’re going to get so many messages of people wanting to stay in touch that it will be easier to just communicate here in the open

I mean that in a nice way, as in you’re a well-liked guy. I’m not questioning your decision to leave. 

I’ll be hitting you up. I’ll take some bong tokes in your honor in the meantime 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Never understood the “exit thread “.  
If I decide not to post here anymore, you’ll know it because you won’t see me anymore. I won’t be making a thread to emphasize my departure.  
bye!

• Like 4

So, Senior Chief,  who are you passing the PITA baton off to?    Hope you’re moving on to bigger and better things.  OR have you already?  Did you go out and get a J45 and you’re too embarrassed to tell us? 

Hi Sgt, sorry to hear your leaving.  You were the first guy to say "Hello" when I joined a few months ago.  With all the time you spent here in NJ while in the Coast Guard, you're  an Honorary  "Central New Jersey" dude.  Good luck with all you do in the future and hope to see you around some day.

Regards,

Tom

• Like 1

Hi Joel,

I know Dub-T-123 (Travis) quit a couple of years back but returned. I hope you can too. Meanwhile this place will be duller. 

I'm not familiar with those other forums except Rickenbacker. What I can say is that I have not found any 'brand' forum as open as this one. Try to talk about other brand guitars on Rickenbacker and the mods will cane you for disloyalty. Try it on the PRS forum, and the members will cane you even harder (& enjoy it). They are police states. The Gibson forum has an enlightened governing body. You've been able to be yourself on here. Yes I know you have prior form and been served furlough, but generally we can say pretty much what we want. That is one important reason why I am here. 

So when  if you find yourself furloughed and beat up from the Matin/Godon/whatever forums, remember that some of us appreciate a bit of stirring up sometimes. 

Don't burn the bridge down on your way out man.

Rudi

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

As a US Navy vet I have always appreciated your views as well as your service to our country,  Thanks again.  I hate to see you leave and for my own selfish reasons,  I hope you return.  Best wishes to you Sr Chief!  Enjoy your playing.

• Like 1

do what makes you happy but Id say dont let people who piss you off cause your departure ( the canadian )  if you have friends or allies here as welll.......that seems good.....

• Like 1

I have a tough time being affected by anything anyone posts here or anywhere else on line.

We all actually live in the real world....with all the toils and fears and happiness that brings.

I post stuff that I find interesting, funny or that I'm proud of...or have questions about.

I expect folks to post the truth,  good, bad or indifferent.

We share our love of music, guitars, Gibson (but on the whole, little else).

I enjoy the forum for that reason....no one can post much of anything that would affect my actual life.

I do wish only the best for folks...no illness or death...and I like hearing people I know perform their material.

I've made some great friends on the forum, Fred Webb (who distanced himself from me due to politics...but I've spent nights at his home), Leslie, (who gave me my Hummingbird 12-String & Krasi, who I think is one of the best musicians I know.

But that's just me.

Bob

Hey Joel - I'm guessing you are around 55 so with a bit of luck you might have 300 decent months left in you. At least 100 of them you'll be asleep, brushing teeth, shaving, sitting on the can... so that's really 200 waking months left....and months seem to pass really quickly these days...so the idea of not spending a lot of time typing stuff to sort of, kind of,  interact with people you don't know sounds like a pretty sweet move to me.

Good for you and all the best mate!  [thumbup]

Alright man. Best to you. I didn't always agree with your opinions, but you were always cool to me in posts. Can't say you ever came off as dishonest or deceitful and your comments were never boring. [cool].  

There are weeks or maybe even months when I have things going on and don't log-on here. But I always keep my foot in the door. This is the only place (besides maybe Youtube comments) where I spout off things I probably wouldn't say to people I know in person. Just because you made a "see ya" post doesn't mean you're obligated to stick to it. Hope to see you back after a hiatus.    

• Like 1

Y'know, I can see it in the case of illness, death or just plain losing interest.  But the silliest reason anyone ever gave for quitting an online forum/message board IMO is that some other member upsets them.  I've had many do that to me on other forums and I'm still there.  Most of them still are too, but eventually they tired of it and stopped the nonsense.  

I too, sometimes rub some people the wrong way, but it usually seems to be a matter of them taking things out of context.  Or have trouble recognizing good natured "playful banter" and tend to take everything strictly literal.   So I'm hoping leaving here is YOUR idea, not anyone else's.  [wink]

Whitefang