Gibson Brands Forums

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I am going to take 01GT eibach's lead and split from this seen as well. We both probably passed each other many times at shows in the Bay Area in the 80's and 90's and never knew it. You guys

Indeed: Ooby dooby, ooby dooby Ooby dooby, ooby dooby Ooby dooby, ooby dooby, ooby dooby Dooby dooby doo wah, doo wah, doo wah

Posted (edited)

Alright I just checked and I guess I got all the people who wanted to share their e-mail with me did. And to answer 40 Years question, no I am not a closet J-45 fan. I'm not a fan of acoustics that sound like the body was built with wet cardboard. And this morning I bought on Reverb a use Martin 000-18.  That' s how you leave the building. Later and remember to fight nice. 

Here is the link to Reverb. I can't copy and paste any of the pics from there and I paid less than the asking price.

https://reverb.com/item/41885527-martin-standard-series-reimagined-000-18

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

WIN A NEW  slightly used  G STRING: 

GUESS WHICH SIGN ON NAME  JOEL WILL COME BACK AS, AFTER  FZ FAN,  SGT PEPPER AND POSSIBLY OTHERS HE'S USED !! 

Sgt Zappa ?   Chief Pita ?    Martin Fan Boy ?     Mon Day Plume ? 

( Congrats Chief on your NGD !  )

Chief,

Smartly done on the 000-18.

I guess you changed your mind about starting to collect all 346 J-45 variants after all.

Good thing. You'd never catch up 'cause they crank them out faster than you can buy them.

Just one favor to ask before you go:

Could you please email me a copy of the Translation Software you use to figure out exactly what the hell Em7 is talking about in his posts?

Thanks tons.

Stay safe and be well.

RBSinTo

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

WIN A NEW  slightly used  G STRING: 

GUESS WHICH SIGN ON NAME  JOEL WILL COME BACK AS, AFTER  FZ FAN,  SGT PEPPER AND POSSIBLY OTHERS HE'S USED !! 

Sgt Zappa ?   Chief Pita ?    Martin Fan Boy ?     Mon Day Plume ? 

( Congrats Chief on your NGD !  )

Hard for me to say since I didn't know which name he used previously.   But maybe next will be something else Beatles related.

MAXWELL SILVERHAMMER;   MR. KITE;  TAXMAN;  GLASS ONION;  or even possibly:  LUCY SKY  or  LOVELY RITA!  [wink]

Whitefang

13 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Hard for me to say since I didn't know which name he used previously.   But maybe next will be something else Beatles related.

MAXWELL SILVERHAMMER;   MR. KITE;  TAXMAN;  GLASS ONION;  or even possibly:  LUCY SKY  or  LOVELY RITA!  [wink]

Whitefang

According to some of the regulars here he should probably use "Mean Mr. Mustard".

RBSinTo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Whenever I see the "sad face" emoji, I look at who posted in the same thread recently.   Always seems to be the same characters. 

Scratch me off your list, wasn’t me.

⛸️There IS a sad one, I thought there was just a puzzled one.

Maybe I can give myself one if I go back and edit.  

Close, a figure skate but it's in the wrong place.  Oh well, back to work.

Edited by SteveFord

Problem is -  some people use the sad face emoji when they don't like the comment and some use it when they're sad.     

So if you post   "I hope your dog dies"   they post it.   And if you post  "My dog died."   they post it.     I tend to post it whenever someone complains about getting them.     Because  I feel sorry for them.   😶

• Sad 1

The thing about anonymous negative emojis is this. A while ago I posted a couple & immediately felt bad about it. Because it was anonymous. Its an easy cheap shot with no recriminations or accountability. 

If someone is known,  ok then - suspected, of this by enough people, its really easy to stich them up by adding more yourself, because you wont be suspected & they will. 

So, if anybody sad emojis this post, the same person will be suspected regardless of who really added it.

• Sad 2

I'm guessing  the issue of Sad Emojis  is a First World Problem because, in coming back here this morning,  I saw someone posted one on my wonderfully enlightening comment above regarding the confusion between being sad and being mad.    I'm leaving the forum now. 

I'll be back after my morning therapy session.   We're working on how being passive aggressive can help me strike  a balance between apathy with bullying.        🤪

• Haha 2

If you're referring to the emoticons( I don't use the word "emoji".  I know it comes from the Japanese, but it still sounds like "baby talk" to me) in the lower right hand side of each post, I use 'em, usually try choosing the appropriate one( in my opinion) in response to the post's content.  And since there's not really a "dislike" emoticon I can't figure why anyone would be offended.  And some might notice I pepper my posts with them sometime.  [wink]

See?  [cool]

Whitefang

• Sad 1
Just now, Whitefang said:

If you're referring to the emoticons( I don't use the word "emoji".  I know it comes from the Japanese, but it still sounds like "baby talk" to me) in the lower right hand side of each post, I use 'em, usually try choosing the appropriate one( in my opinion) in response to the post's content.  And since there's not really a "dislike" emoticon I can't figure why anyone would be offended.  And some might notice I pepper my posts with them sometime.  [wink]

See?  [cool]

Whitefang

I must be on a restricted account...because I have no emoticons on my computer screen......but....I wouldn't use them anyway.

• Sad 1

So.....

You see no little white heart inside a grey circle on the lower left hand corner of this post?    I guess if not a mod would have to explain that for me.

Whitefang

• Sad 1
Just now, Whitefang said:

So.....

You see no little white heart inside a grey circle on the lower left hand corner of this post?    I guess if not a mod would have to explain that for me.

Whitefang

No....sure don't...and I've looked  on my iPad too...... not sure why.....   I can't 'like' a post either......

• Sad 2