Gibson Brands Forums

New here ISO SG Owners

Just joined recently in hopes to discuss any issues that a few others may have dealt with when buying a brand new SG Standard. Please share whatever experiences you may have had. I bought my SG Std new, in Pelham Blue. I wish I didn't have this problem for the price I paid.  So far the company line seems to be that this is "normal" I don't know if this is just in the finish, or the wood itself. I do know that I haven't gotten any help.

Posting 1.jpg

Posting 2.jpg

Posting 3.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I would want to send that one back.   I don't see how Gibson would count that as 'normal' as it isn't.  Not just a finish crack IMO, and even if it was I'd still send it back or ask the dealer I bought it from for a refund.  Presumably you bought this guitar without seeing it first?

Good luck.

I ordered it online from AMS.  I couldn't find a Std  with humbuckers in Pelham Blue anywhere but there , and I looked for quite a bit. They (AMS) are pretty adamant about this being on Gibson. I looked it over inch by inch when I got it and didn't see any problem. It's barely been out of the case except a handful of times of being played. Someone said it kind of appears that pressure from the nut might have possibly cracked the finish? Either way I'm definitely not happy about it at all.