Gibson Brands Forums

Most Complex Pop Song Ever

15 hours ago, mihcmac said:

I didn't find this tune particularly complex to figure out, having picked it up when it came out in '67.  It was the first I ever heard or heard of Dm7,  And with me having only three "play by ear" years of experience means that the tune wasn't that complex or I was more talented than I gave myself credit for.  But MY money's on the former! [wink]

Whitefang

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Bummer.   Apparently you can only post 144 sad face emojis in a 24 hour period.   Just sayin'.   🤯

[omg]  Shouldn't ONE do the job?  [wink]

Or are you saying you spend 24 HOURS a day on this site???  [confused]    [blink]  And which type of device do you use....

A tablet?   Laptop?  Or if you still use a desktop PC do you use it while sitting on one of those portable BEDSIDE COMMODES??   And ALL DAY?  [confused]  

When do you take the time to empty it ?

Whitefang

OK, back to the OP - I remember that song from back in the day and always thought it was a nice smooth number.  Was not something my band at the time would ever thought to cover and boy am I glad.  I have no music theory knowledge and would have been lost trying to figure out the first few chords!  Maybe I never thought about it before, but also never realized a song would modulate DOWN.  Played quite a few songs that modulated, but it was for some reason always going UP.

The OP tune wasn't in my listening wheelhouse either.  Never gave it a second thought back then.  But a lot of time has passed and I find several tunes I didn't think much of back in "the day" now appeal to me.  And also there are a few that I DID really like then that now don't thrill me that much anymore.  Not even for their nostalgia value. 

But soon I'm gonna revive a thread I've done in a few other forums not long ago and I'll try it here that is related to all I posted today in a way.  [wink]

Whitefang