Gibson Brands Forums

A strange SG 120 anniversary

Emiliano1973

Good morning,

I bought a white 2014 120 anniversary standard SG. the guitar should have come out with the e-tune system but this one does not have one and has Kluson DeLuxe tuners. This model has USED stamped above the serial number ..... it is a pre production DEMO model .... can you tell me more about my guitar.???..thank you

IMG_4239web.JPG

IMG_4343web.JPG

IMG_4238web.JPG

USED means it was fixed in some way, usually returned for some warranty repair.  Sometimes called "a second", or "a factory second".  If it has been sold and is to be resold they have to indicate such on the instrument.

rct

thank you all, but sorry, my guitar as you can see from the serial number was produced in 2014 and if you take a look at the specifications that Gibson gave in that year, the guitar was equipped with the mini E-tune. http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2014/SG-Standard.aspx ... probably the guitar could have returned to gibson due to a problem with the auto tune device and they decided to replace them (luckily) with classic tuners ... could it be ??

13 minutes ago, Emiliano1973 said:

thank you all, but sorry, my guitar as you can see from the serial number was produced in 2014 and if you take a look at the specifications that Gibson gave in that year, the guitar was equipped with the mini E-tune. http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2014/SG-Standard.aspx ... probably the guitar could have returned to gibson due to a problem with the auto tune device and they decided to replace them (luckily) with classic tuners ... could it be ??

I have a 2014 SG. It does not have the e-tuners on it. 

They wouldn't replace it with ordinary tuners and then completely refinish the back of the headstock, you would see the impressions left by the original equipment.  So when you have something in your hands that seems to defy that which Gibson says Gibson is doing, it is always best to believe what is in your hands.

"Specifications subject to change without notice".  It's a nice way of saying "...we'll put on it whatever we have laying around at the moment...".

rct

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...