Gibson Brands Forums

Traditional misshap

pinthar

My friend has a Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus. It has nickel chrome appointments, but gold 57 pickups. We pulled off the control cover and the pickups are factory. The electronics have not been touched. Is it possible that this came from the factory like this? Why would Gibson put gold 57s on a chrome appointed guitar?

20210417_212832.jpg

Edited by pinthar

Doesn't mention what year the guitar is from.  Those black cases with the white interiors were around 2012 or so.   Don't recall when they last put '57 Classic pick ups in a Les Paul, but it's been a long time (if ever).  More evidence that the previous owner changed a few things.  

As mentioned above from 2008-12 Traditionals came with Classic and Classic Plus. None came with gold pickups. It's also worth mentioning the Traditional Plus didn't have a pickguard and had a classic 57 neck and Burstbucker bridge. Not to be confused with the + which denotes an AA top and finish.

That's my understanding but I could be wrong!

Edited by Alex S