Gibson Brands Forums

RIP Robby Steinhardt (Kansas)

kidblast

On 7/22/2021 at 7:38 AM, Whitefang said:

I never really think of them as a "rock" band.  Rock bands don't ordinarily show up at the Montreux jazz festival.  [wink]

Whitefang

You obviously know nothing about that festival. They have rock bands all the time. 

Deep Purple, Elvis Costello, Alice Cooper, Pink Floyd, ZZ TOP (and the list goes on and on) have all played there.

And I am pretty sure they are rock bands. [smile]

Edited by brad1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

We all no doubt listen to different radio stations.  I was mostly tuned into the local PBS station here until it changed to all news, and also the local classical station till it signed off for good.  The only "rock" stations I'd tune into for short spells were the "classic rock" stations, on which I've never heard the above tune on, and the from across the river Canadian "New rock" station which I believe never played it either.  

Sounds like the kind of thing that would have been big on Mtv.  Which I completely ignore.  

So, which of these bands had violinists in their line-ups at the same time as Kansas, and who remained in those line-ups until they died, or the band did?  THAT'S a mark of Steinhardt's status.  I mean we ALL knew who he was, even if not by name.  Just mention KANSAS to most and their immediate visual image is of Robby.  And his bearded face with that infectious  smile!  [wink]

Whitefang