Gibson Brands Forums

New Podcast: The Kalamazoo Gals of the Old Gibson Guitar Factory

jt

Today, the magazine Atlas Obscura posted a very nice (imho) podcast about the Kalamazoo Gals:

The Kalamazoo Gals of the Old Gibson Guitar Factory.

I do the acoustic guitar playing in the episode, using my went-to-WWII LG-2 that is the oldest known Banner Gibson and the second one (number 2 in the first known batch) ever produced.

Edited by jt
  • Like 1

• jt changed the title to New Podcast: The Kalamazoo Gals of the Old Gibson Guitar Factory

Just listened to the podcast and it was great. A side note, I let my 88 year old mother-in-law read the book, she absolutely loved it and has started asking questions about my guitars. Next time she is here in Raleigh she wants me to show her all of my guitars and tell her about them and their differences.  Also enjoyed the playing by the way, could keep on listening.  Thanks again for bringing this important story to light.

6 hours ago, J185cat said:

Just listened to the podcast and it was great. A side note, I let my 88 year old mother-in-law read the book, she absolutely loved it and has started asking questions about my guitars. Next time she is here in Raleigh she wants me to show her all of my guitars and tell her about them and their differences.  Also enjoyed the playing by the way, could keep on listening.  Thanks again for bringing this important story to light.

Just about the coolest thing I have ever read. Thank you so much for sharing this with me.

Got around to listening while walking the dog yesterday- absolutely lovely conversation- i was really glad they gave you the time to go through the story in such a short amount of time! It was much like the book in that you have such a great knack for storytelling and leading the listener/reader through enough detail to get to the next step. Loved it, made me start pining for the banner lg2 I passed on a few years back and wondering what happened to it. Another common tale of the one that got away!

On 7/27/2021 at 8:18 AM, jt said:

Today, the magazine Atlas Obscura posted a very nice (imho) podcast about the Kalamazoo Gals:

The Kalamazoo Gals of the Old Gibson Guitar Factory.

I do the acoustic guitar playing in the episode, using my went-to-WWII LG-2 that is the oldest known Banner Gibson and the second one (number 2 in the first known batch) ever produced.

Wonderful Interview....can't wait to get the book!

21 hours ago, cunningham26 said:

Got around to listening while walking the dog yesterday- absolutely lovely conversation- i was really glad they gave you the time to go through the story in such a short amount of time! It was much like the book in that you have such a great knack for storytelling and leading the listener/reader through enough detail to get to the next step. Loved it, made me start pining for the banner lg2 I passed on a few years back and wondering what happened to it. Another common tale of the one that got away!

Thank you so much! I feel so fortunate to have stumbled upon the story and people that have changed my life.