Gibson Brands Forums

LP Special Faded Double Cut

DCfan09

Went to a local GC yesterday and found an awesome used Faded DC in Ebony that blew me away. I`ve been wanting a guitar with p90`s in it for awhile now especially a Gibson. I didn`t have the money to fund this on the spot but i did put it on layaway...i didn`t want to take the chance of someone else getting it! It`s an 04 and if there was any problems with the guitar brand new,the previous owner/owners took care of it because it is spot on in every way. Its all stock except the tuners which someone changed to Grovers. I should have it in a couple of weeks. :- Anyone like or have one of these?

I've wanted one of those for a while... the closest I've gotten was a 1983 Gibson Spirit that had been re-routed for P-90s and spay-painted yellow.

If I knew what was under the spraypaint, it might have been worth the $300, but I'm not in a position to gamble that much.

Don't have the "black one" in the Faded series, but I do have the TV Yellow version. Changed

the pickguard to a multi-layered version, and the machines to Grover, and added a '59 TRC.

(Just for my own enjoyment...not to "fool" anyone.)

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

And, a Red and Black Double Cut LP "Junior Lite," that they don't make anymore. Added the

TP-6 tailpiece, and change the machine heads (done in Gold, on the Black one).

DSC_0016-2.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

CB

WOW charlie brown...awesome guitars!

I didn`t know if this topic should be posted here or on the Les Paul section since these are technically Les Pauls.

haha yea nice guitars man! :D/ =D>

and yea it probably should be in the LP section, but thats okay, here is good too :D

Don't have the "black one" in the Faded series' date=' but I do have the TV Yellow version. Changed

the pickguard to a multi-layered version, and the machines to Grover, and added a '59 TRC.

And, a Red and Black Double Cut LP "Junior Lite," that they don't make anymore. Added the

[img']http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/charliebrown1949/DSC_0016-2.jpg[/img]

DSC_0015-1.jpg

CB

hey how much was the red one? i love it <3

I bought the red and black ones, within a couple of months of each other, in 2001. They were $425.00 each, with gigbag.

Put about another $100 in mods, for each one, to get them to where they are, now. I bought the Red one, in mid/late July,

and I was, ironically, on the phone ordering the Black one, when the first plane hit the Twin Towers, in New York. Wasn't

sure, I'd ever get it/see it, at that time, since we didn't know exactly what was happening, and what the long term effects

would end up being. So, they both have a special meaning, for me...even if for different reasons.

CB

I bought the red and black ones' date=' within a couple of months of each other, in 2001. They were $425.00 each, with gigbag.

Put about another $100 in mods, for each one, to get them to where they are, now. I bought the Red one, in mid/late July,

and I was, ironically, on the phone ordering the Black one, when the first plane hit the Twin Towers, in New York. Wasn't

sure, I'd ever get it/see it, at that time, since we didn't know exactly what was happening, and what the long term effects

would end up being. So, they both have a special meaning, for me...even if for different reasons.

CB[/quote']

wow thats creepy but cool at the same time... i was a 7 year-old in 2nd grade, waiting for the school bus when it happened. and i had NO idea what was going on =P~

so is that $425 new? and where did you get them? from gibson, a retailer or a small music store?

Yeah' date=' $425 new (then). I bought them from a small independent music store, in Wichita (KS), called "E.M. Shorts" which is

the "guitar/amp" store, for "Wichita Band & Instrument Co."

CB[/quote']

k cool, thanks. i gotta get my hands on one now :D

Don't have the "black one" in the Faded series' date=' but I do have the TV Yellow version. Changed

[img']http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/charliebrown1949/DSC_0027.jpg[/img]

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0016-2.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

CB

DAMN those babyes made me fell in love for them...

the red one is amazing, is that red tonality used on todays LP DC???

DAMN those babyes made me fell in love for them...

the red one is amazing' date=' [b']is that red tonality used on todays LP DC??? [/b]

No, it's a gloss, opaque color...the term used at the time, was "Cinnamon" Red. The current

faded (and even non-faded) version(s), is/are more the mid to deep cherry translucent

finish...which are nice, in their own way.

Thanks, all...for the nice comments.

Cheers,

CB

No' date=' it's a gloss, opaque color...the term used at the time, was "Cinnamon" Red. The current

faded (and even non-faded) version(s), is/are more the mid to deep cherry translucent

finish...which are nice, in their own way.

Thanks, all...for the nice comments.

Cheers,

CB[/quote']

Yea that TV yellow one gets me thinking of nothin but Johnny Thunders!! Lovin it.

Went to a local GC yesterday and found an awesome used Faded DC in Ebony that blew me away. I`ve been wanting a guitar with p90`s in it for awhile now especially a Gibson. I didn`t have the money to fund this on the spot but i did put it on layaway...i didn`t want to take the chance of someone else getting it! It`s an 04 and if there was any problems with the guitar brand new' date='the previous owner/owners took care of it because it is spot on in every way. Its all stock except the tuners which someone changed to Grovers. I should have it in a couple of weeks. =P~ Anyone like or have one of these?[/quote']

So, DCfan....did you get your Double Cut "Faded" yet?!

CB

Archived