Gibson Brands Forums

am designing an ESP custom tell me what you think...

Carmine457

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

I wonder if they make 27 fret basses?

Seems like a good idea, walking bass lines would be a breeze.

This guitar that he has inspired is going to turn out like a retarded Swiss Army knife.

Sure it has a lot of features. But isn't that why guitarist usually have 1,3,5,7,9,11 different guitars with different features.

A Stratocaster w/single Coils and Tremolo, A Les Paul with Hum bucking pick-ups, A Jackson with a Floyd Rose, A Yamaha with Scalloped Frets, so on and so forth

Every tool in the tool box. It makes no sense.

With the money you are spending kid, you could buy all the guitars I just listed.

Cheers!

(made for metal and shredding)

alright then

pos.1 bridge

pos.2 bridge/middle

pos.3 middle

pos.4 middle/neck

pos.5 neck

pos.6 bridge/neck

pos.7 bridge/middle/neck

oh yeah there is also humbucker splitting capabilities

yay

I think all those options are fine in a recording environment where you can fiddle with more complex controls, but I think you'll find that it'll be a pain in the *** in a live situation. Additionally, if you're having the guitar built for metal, are you really going to use all those controls? When I play with high gain, I find that there are fewer usable pickup combinations or, at least, less that make much of a difference or sound good when you're trying to cut through a wall of distortion. If you also play clean, then have at it but I still think you're going to find all those options to be more hassle than what they're worth, especially when you start counting switch clicks in the middle of a song to get to whatever switch position you want that isn't the first or last one.

Edit: Damned thread necrophiliacs.

Archived