Gibson Brands Forums

whats going on with Gibson

razed

17 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

What the hell is a MMA instructor anyway? Sounds scaaaaaaryyyy

Mixed Martial Arts instructor. 

I have known exactly two in my entire life. 

And neither of them ever mentioned it, talked about it, or let on about their avocation. 
They just quietly went on about their business, fully prepared to put down a bad guy if the occasion ever arose. 

Any troll who leads with that bit of information is (in my opinion) trying just a bit too hard to impress or intimidate. 
😐

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, razed said:

lets help you number 1 people don't get in front of people correcting people like that they don't know as for a job people help each other and respect each other or should they don't insult not to there face last i teach MMA and the 1st thing is show respect or someone will teach it to you my guess is  you telling me i am going to get beat up is another way of you say your feeling a hurt? lol as for making fun that's not even i good attempt and for school i am teaching right now to a few weak minds. last you never know someone could be Dyslexic  or have a disability  and might have issues with language so you never know why someone's grammar is bad but if you think trying to make fun of people is cool then back at you take you medicine oh and correct my grammar thank you hoe  this will be my 1 and only text back so as i said to your other friend in box if you really feel the need to hate your life you take care hoe

O.K. loser.  You got probs homz.  You probably should just go to the nearest emergency room and ask for a psych eval.  WTF is the matter with you?  Neurological issues?  You teach MMA and you're on here having some kind of psych episode.  I love it.  Please stay here and keep saying this stuff.  I don't have anybody else to laugh at today.  Luze.

Edited by badbluesplayer

23 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

I always struggled with the difference....glad for the info.

DR,  Me too. Until, late in life, well after English 101,  I read that you only use the apostrophe when it is the contraction using the verb IS.  In plain English - It Is  becomes  IT'S.    (The big dog is barking.  IT'S barking. )

When possessive  - like  the dog's collar ,    you do NOT use the apostrophe if substituting  "IT for dog".    So  ITS collar.  Even though if you were writing  "the DOG'S collar" you would actually use the apostrophe.   Inconsistent, like Gibsons !  

46 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

And some wonder why I’m not more of a hall monitor. You guys do just fine. 

I think we're a pretty accepting lot here.... but we're not above poking fun at people.

But it seems we can be brutal when someone comes in with a chip on their shoulder.

• Like 1

Ahh.....got it.   God I'm so old and un-trendy.....

Stan (adj.)

UrbanDictionary: A crazed and or obsessed fan. The term comes from the song Stan by Eminem. The term Stan is used to describe a fan who goes to great lengths to obsess over a celebrity.

\:D/

Edited by jdgm
  • Haha 1

Wife: Have you got anything without stan?

Waitress: Well, there's stan egg sausage and stan, that's not got much stan in it.

Wife: I don't want ANY stan!

Man: Why can't she have egg bacon stan and sausage?

Wife: THAT'S got stan in it!

Man: Hasn't got as much stan in it as stan egg sausage and stan, has it?

Etc.......[wink]

Edited by jdgm

13 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Wife: Have you got anything without stan?

Waitress: Well, there's stan egg sausage and stan, that's not got much stan in it.

Wife: I don't want ANY stan!

Man: Why can't she have egg bacon stan and sausage?

Wife: THAT'S got stan in it!

Man: Hasn't got as much stan in it as stan egg sausage and stan, has it?

Etc.......[wink]

Out STAN ding.

🙂

On 8/11/2021 at 2:53 PM, kidblast said:

Guys,. c'mon..  wtf is happening to this place, it used to be far more friendly than it is now.

if we'd stick to the thread topic, and you have nothing positive to add, for f--- sakes, move on.

We survived SGPlayer, and he survived us (I believe he has a new user name,and he's much better now - I mean that in the nicest way possible).  It'll be fine. 

8 hours ago, Pinch said:

We survived SGPlayer, and he survived us (I believe he has a new user name,and he's much better now - I mean that in the nicest way possible).  It'll be fine. 

Was he the French guy who didn't like Epiphones?