Gibson Brands Forums

playing

Carmine457

This is where years of acoustic playing pays off. I do both depending on the needs of the song.

"Hotel California" for example, I finger pick the intro and strum the middle and pick the lead at the end.

Ozzy has nothing to do with Dee musically...

oh come on dont be so technical

i know it was played by the late randy rhoads

everyone bow their heads in memorium of one of the greatest guitarists in the world (except that one japanese dude playing the nintendo theme songs on youtube)(with two guitars at once!!!)

Ozzy has nothing to do with Dee musically...

oh come on dont be so technical

i know it was played by the late randy rhoads

everyone bow their heads in memorium of one of the greatest guitarists in the world (except that one japanese dude playing the nintendo theme songs on youtube)(with two guitars at once!!!)

I generally only do finger style (no pick at all) on the acoustic. However, I use my middle and ring finger a lot to hybrid pick on the electric. I don't even realize I am doing it anymore. For some licks it just works best to use the pick and the fingers.

have you ever played without a pick for so long that when you do its kinda harder???

this needs to be answered for it has happened to me

I never get hard when I don't use a pick...but I do with one. Does that make me straight?

I am a big fan of Toy Caldwell and I love his tone' date=' I've tried to copy his style over the years, but after about 20 minutes of using just my thumb all the skin is gone...he must have been a tough SOB. I use a pick and my fingers...[/quote']

With you avatar wacking away on that cow bell right next to your post it made me read your post as: "I am a big fan of Toy Cowbell and I love this tone..." Which made me think, wow this guy is really into his cow bell.... Then I read it again...

Picking is the new thing to me. Since going electric only 3 some odd years ago I moved from light picks to Fender mediums. I don't often finger pick with the band here, but there are still a few occasions.

Archived