Gibson Brands Forums

Specs of an '02 Custom Art Historic LPS DC?

Randwulf83

Hi, all:

So I picked up a 2002 Custom Art Historic Les Paul Special double cutaway, TV Yellow - serial number suggests it's a 1960 reissue (definitely has the slim taper neck associated with 60s LPs). More incredible is that it's a lefty - have had the hardest time finding a DC LP that's not a righty, and I've long dreamed of finding one. Thing plays like a dream and sounds wonderful, so I snagged it fast.

However, I have no idea what the guitar's specs are (besides the mahogany body/neck), especially the type of P90s being used. Does anyone know the specs of this model - or where I can find them?

Edited by Randwulf83

Since it is a Custom Shop guitar I would follow these guidelines from Gibson to see what they can tell you about it.

Identifying a particular model/variation can be difficult, please send the following information to assist us in identifying and/or dating your instrument quickly and accurately-

A complete description including the serial number and any other information written on or inside of the instrument.

Any information relating to the known history of the information (such as when and where purchased, any known repairs or modifications made)

Photos of the instrument (please limit to 2MB total size - emails larger than 2MB will not reach us) – full front, full back, as well as close ups of the front and back of the headstock, also of any inside labels that the instrument may have.

Thank you for writing us.

Gibson Customer Service

1-800-4GIBSON

service@gibson.com