Gibson Brands Forums

2021 Tony Iommi SG Special—Strap Button Placement

scoredtodeath

usmjrs,

I am going to have to do the same.  Also did yours come with the adjustment screws for the tailpiece?  Those were also not in the case.  I understand that they were able to set it up without needing to move the bridge back but I would still like to have those just in case down the road that adjustment needs to be made an I don't have those screws. 

All of the promo photos show this screws installed.

CPXP33,

I just checked the Gibson promo photos and I now see what you mean.  The short answer is no, my guitar does not have that and there are no additional screws in the case.  I didn't notice that previously in the promo photos until you pointed it out.  I'm wondering if that was a picture of a prototype or if Gibson just didn't add the screws to any of the cases.  If you find out, let me know.  I'm definitely interested to hear the answer.  Thanks.  

I posted a picture of the promo photo bridge below from the Gibson website.

Stock Pic cropped.png

usmjrs,  If you look at your tailpiece you will see the threaded holes are in the tailpiece for the screws to go into.  I will ask about that when I ask where the hell my monkey sticker is.  

I have a feeling they will say during set up at the factory they found that they did not need the extra adjustment so they did not include them. 

I emailed customer service with my serial number and they got back to me right away asking for a copy of my receipt and mailing address  and they are shipping my missing monkey decal.

Dub.  I love the guitar, other than putting heavier gauge strings on it for C# tuning I have not had to change a thing.