Gibson Brands Forums

Unexpected NGD

mihcmac

19 hours ago, jdgm said:

Bumblebees....even better.

And as all your guitars have P90-style pickups you only need to wire up one to try it.

😈😈😈🎸

Had them for a while, currently on the left my Junior DC has them controlling its 04 Gibson P90.

YLOrY32.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 4:10 PM, CNJ said:

Awesome collection of siblings for the girl in red up front.  There's more flavors than Baskin-Robbins in that photo!  Enjoy them all!

Thank you, I do have fun with my P90 collection, each having their own distinct personality, several didn't make the cut and had to find new homes along the way. The problem is that after filtering through so many the ones that are left are exceptional. I defiantly fell victim to the recent introduction of the Kalamazoo headstock and the reappearance of early Epiphone models that haven't been built for a long time. My first U.S. brand guitar was an Epiphone, so basically this old man got to heaven before he expired.

ScU7NrT.jpg

I'm still waiting for the 56 Chevy Nomad to be reintroduced.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Haha 1

On 8/23/2021 at 6:06 PM, mihcmac said:

I have been reading about this redesigned Epiphone SG Classic P90, the body is two pieces of mahogany with no veneer, a 60's SlimTaper neck, the 50's Headstock, cast Kluson style Epiphone Deluxe tuners with Threaded Bushings and Ivory Buttons, P90 Pro's, full size CTS pots no circuit board, ABR Bridge and Stopbar. Anyway I couldn't resist for $379 with free shipping from the MusicZoo. I am adjusting the trussrod a little and intonation. I may have to install a Les Trem II.

T44fwoS.jpg

A longer neck trunnion with the strap button moved much farther forward now, like current Gibson SG's and much improved Neck Dive. Epiphone finally fixed it on a few SG models.

back-neck-500_500.png

Very nice.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 6:47 AM, Mr. Natural said:

Very nice.

Thanks..

One of the biggest improvements is the SG Classics neck trunnion that allows the strap button to be moved farther forward, which helps improve the balance. Compared to the G400 on the right that are all based on the 61 SG design.

HicWEeW.jpg

Also the SG Classic on the left is 2 blocks of mahogany with no veneer, where the G400 is 3 blocks with veneer. Although all of the new SG's use the Kalamazoo headstock.

The only other new Epiphone SG built this way is the SG Standard (with the large pickguard and Humbuckers), so far the rest use the older style of G400 body construction on the right.

My SG Classic is a great player, I could be temped to get an Inverness Green one.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Played the SG Classic at my jam yesterday, this long neck thing is amazing, it should have cost a lot more.

nkLVjKP.jpg

The cast Kluson style Epiphone Deluxe tuners also with threaded bushings.

Opps I just noticed they raised the price $50 to $429..  Still low I think for all that it gives you...

Edited by mihcmac