Gibson Brands Forums

Charlie Watts has died!

MissouriPicker

Yes         - R.I.P -           that beat was a heavy part of our lives, wasn't it. A fuel of freedom and necessary rebellion placed in the exact right space & time.                                                                                                                                                  Listened to it since 1965 - 4 times live. And it was as if attending those Stones concerts was among the best things I could do with my live.   

Have to say it seems spooky that I was on the Tube  to check Mick's Charlie's good tonite, isn't he-remark from the live-album Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out the evening before he passed away.                                           Also downloaded this picture from the 1965 tour ~ Ziu5nV3.jpg

Let's see, I was fourteen in 1965.  Bought the first three Rolling Stones albums & just about wore them out, discovering some of the great American blues masters thanks to this British band & others.  But thereafter, the Stones were mostly off my radar.  That said, I could happily be listening to "2120 S Michigan Ave" at any given moment, with Watts decisively kicking the whole thing off.

4 hours ago, bobouz said:

Let's see, I was fourteen in 1965.  Bought the first three Rolling Stones albums & just about wore them out, discovering some of the great American blues masters thanks to this British band & others.  But thereafter, the Stones were mostly off my radar.  That said, I could happily be listening to "2120 S Michigan Ave" at any given moment, with Watts decisively kicking the whole thing off.

Same here on the blues. I got my first exposure from the Stones and Animal early LP’s