Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head

sliptrip

I don't know... I was going to ask something of the like... A local guy is selling his jcm900 slx mark III 50W head for 700... looks used (doesnt look like new or anything). Is it too much? I was going to offer him 400 but don't know if the price is already good...

I bought mine a few years back for $800. It was 2 years old when I got it and

they were going for $1400 at the time so I think I got a good deal.

IMHO $600 is a good price.

Did you get the footswitch? Thats the biggest issue people have with the TSL series,

the footswitch is a piece of crap. The wires in the cable break or the switches fail.

Heres a pic of mine.

DSCF1695.jpg

Yeah, I got the footswitch with it. He said it has about 25 hours on playing on it and it's never been outside his house. It does look in great shape. I'm getting it tomorrow, so I'll report back as to how it functions! Have you heard of any good replacements for the footswitch? or we marshall users stuck with using marshall footswitches?

I don't know... I was going to ask something of the like... A local guy is selling his jcm900 slx mark III 50W head for 700... looks used (doesnt look like new or anything). Is it too much? I was going to offer him 400 but don't know if the price is already good...

I would say in today's economy, you'd be surprised what people will take for their gear! I saw give it a shot and report back! good luck

BTW, I'm new to owning a tube head. I've had a Line 6 for years, and came across the incredible deal that I couldn't pass up. So, if anyone has any pointers on owning/caring for one, I'm all ears. I should post a pic of my line 6. It WAS a 212 combo, and then I shaved off the bottom and got rid of the speakers, and converted it into a head. I made a face plate for it and called it FRANKENAMP. It glows green when I turn it on. I hooked up green LED cooling fans in the back for that effect.

I bought mine a few years back for $800. It was 2 years old when I got it and

they were going for $1400 at the time so I think I got a good deal.

IMHO $600 is a good price.

Did you get the footswitch? Thats the biggest issue people have with the TSL series' date='

the footswitch is a piece of crap. The wires in the cable break or the switches fail.

Heres a pic of mine.

[img']http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/fixr1984/Amp/DSCF1695.jpg[/img]

Isnt' avatar the brand Andy Summers uses? I saw them live and I think that was what he was playing out of... Never heard of them. How do they stack up to a JCM 900?

A guy here in Roseville want to sell me his JCM 900 model 4500 Head for $400.

But I'm not sure if I want it coz I know Marshall needs to be cranked which I do not need.

I already have a MESA 60/100 watts and can only set it up to 3 at master and its too loud already.

I played through it last night for the first time, and it was awesome! Yeah, some one is right about having to crank them, since I had the volume last night about at 7 or 8. But if that's how you get them to sound good, then why not!

• 1 month later...

I bought my TSL60 from a studio selling equipment on craigslist. I gigged out with it 5 or 6 times before my footswitch bit the dust. The cable is pretty fragile. Now I have to adjust the cable to just the right spot for it to work.

If anyone has any ideas for an alternative footswitch, hit me up!

I bought my TSL60 from a studio selling equipment on craigslist. I gigged out with it 5 or 6 times before my footswitch bit the dust. The cable is pretty fragile. Now I have to adjust the cable to just the right spot for it to work.

If anyone has any ideas for an alternative footswitch' date=' hit me up![/quote']

Mine used to do exactly the same, I took it apart and found loads of dodgy soldering. Resoldered where needed and had no more problems. The amp itself had equally rubbish build quality and had to get a pro to sort it out. Traded it in not long afterwards.

Archived