Gibson Brands Forums

Searching for a weird Gibson

Mudgett138

Okay back in 1989 I want to say I was at a music store in my hometown and I saw a very odd Gibson it was shaped like a Epiphone Les Paul three you know the kind they put the Steinberger tremeloes on but this was a Gibson product it was sent back metallic flake white paint Floyd Rose the covered Bill Lawrence pickups I have never seen one or heard of that model flash to present day I am still currently looking for this guitar I should have bought it back then I was very young and could not afford it does anybody out there know of this guitar or any others like it

It was not with the little humbuckers it was with the bill Lawrence circuit humbuckers with the black cover they look like emgs and it did not have a Steinberger tremolo it had a Floyd Rose license Gibson tremolo the body was similar to an epiphone 3 very bubbly looking if you know what I mean instead of the nice lines of the Gibsons it's been so long I could be mistaken though do you know if the Gibson Les Paul custom lite ever came in a pearl white finish instead of the black , blue, or the tequila sunset or whatever it was this has been driving me crazy thank you for your reply though