Gibson Brands Forums

GREATINGS FROM INDIANA

hotshot

First I want to thank you for allowing me to be a member. My name is Steve (hotshot). I'm soon to be 71 years old (Dec. 7th). When I was 16, I traveled with a band. I helped set up & take down. The front man played a Les Paul.  I wished I could get one for the longest time. Fast forward to 2021. I have come to the conclusion I'm not getting any younger LOL. When it got warmer, I got a second part time job and saved every dime. It wasn't long I had enough money to buy a new Les Paul. I had been watching Sweetwater and "low & behold" on August 10 a demo popped up. I made a quick phone call to a sales engineer he said he would start the paper work . I jumped in my truck and "flew" to Fort Wayne ( I live 40 miles south) and purchased a beautiful Les Paul Standard 60's Iced tea.  I finally got the picture thing figured out.. She is a "looker" !!!!!

IMG_20210812_193125673-3024x4032.jpg

Edited by hotshot

I bought a Fender Mustang GTX 50 and it makes it sound terrific !!!! I believe I'm going to have a set up performed on it and have a bone nut installed. I'm going to also put a set of Paradigm 10's on along with a set of Grover locking tuners also. It's everything I could have hoped for !!!!!

Edited by hotshot
bad sentence wording