Gibson Brands Forums

The Inspired By Gibson Line

mihcmac

• 4 months later...

In researching my 2015 ES 339 P90 pro , I find they discontinued the 339 ES line .The do make some new guitars with the same shape.Mine is Pelham blue, and is a limited edition .I cannot find how many were made.Also can't find an accurate worth of it, there are so few out there with the black soapbar p90s.Anyone help??

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bob Furman said:

In researching my 2015 ES 339 P90 pro , I find they discontinued the 339 ES line .The do make some new guitars with the same shape.Mine is Pelham blue, and is a limited edition .I cannot find how many were made.Also can't find an accurate worth of it, there are so few out there with the black soapbar p90s.Anyone help??

Yep, this is my "Inspired By Gibson" 2020 ES-339 in stock form as it was delivered to me.

https://www.epiphone.com/en-US/Electric-Guitar/EPIXJR307/Pelham-Blue

N6qxHso.jpg

Since 2020 the 339 has not been available with P90's, so I installed my favorite (humbucker sized) Mean 90's and added a Duesenberg Les Trem II ...

UcqGuWz.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rbpicker said:

Mihcmac, that’s a beautiful guitar.  Love the upgrades you did.  What is the trem you used?

rb

It is a Duesenberg Les Trem II

9902215_800.jpg

I normally install a roller bridge with them, as well.

NXuGO2m.jpg

I have also installed "Les Trem II's" on a few of my other guitars.

5pAZC8q.jpg

Les Trem II's just replace the stop bar and can be taken off without damage to your guitar. In addition with their adjustable dive bar they can dive much farther than a Bigsby.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, rbpicker said:

Mihcmac, Thanks for the scoop on the Les Trem.  I checked out some YouTube videos on it.  I may get one for my IBG Les Paul.  Looks great.

based on the video reviews it seems to be a very high quality product.

roger

The Les Trem II is a very high quality German made trem, the spring is very tough one of mine is over ten years old and still has lots of compression available. Also because the dive bar is angled and adjustable it has so much potential for diving, way beyond just doing swells. 

j05YU5Q.jpg

Some of my Les Trem II's have migrated through several guitars, because they don't cause any damage, I remove them if I sell the guitar and install it on another one, which only takes a few minutes.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

Mihcmac, mine is the 60s version.  It looks identical except for the Grover tuners on mine.  I may swap them out for tulips.  The neck shape on mine is a bit slimmer than the 50s version, which helps given my arthritis.  : (

I’ll report back on the Trem install when it arrives.  I was notified today that it is shipping soon.

rb

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2022 at 8:39 AM, rbpicker said:

Mihcmac, mine is the 60s version.  It looks identical except for the Grover tuners on mine.  I may swap them out for tulips.  The neck shape on mine is a bit slimmer than the 50s version, which helps given my arthritis.  : (

I’ll report back on the Trem install when it arrives.  I was notified today that it is shipping soon.

rb

Kool, it does look very similar and it has a very nice thinner SlimTaper 60s C neck. Personally I would keep the Grovers

__static.gibson.com_product-images_Epiph

Edited by mihcmac

• 2 weeks later...

I received the Les Trem today and just installed it.  So easy to install! I absolutely love this product.  The action is better tan Bigsbys I had in the past…just a great feeling Trem.

I can’t post pics for some reason, but I’ll keep trying and maybe I’ll luck out.

thanks for the heads up on the Les Trem, mihcmac!

roger

https://imgur.com/a/XzgQJL3

Edited by rbpicker
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rbpicker said:

I received the Les Trem today and just installed it.  So easy to install! I absolutely love this product.  The action is better tan Bigsbys I had in the past…just a great feeling Trem.

I can’t post pics for some reason, but I’ll keep trying and maybe I’ll luck out.

thanks for the heads up on the Les Trem, mihcmac!

roger

https://imgur.com/a/XzgQJL3

Wow the Trem looks great on your Les Paul.    Enjoy...

Below I just copied the link from your image and pasted it into the text and do not click on "Display as Link instead"....

8E1ExQJ.jpeg

Edited by mihcmac

• 3 months later...