Gibson Brands Forums

New ES339 ( love ❤️ it)

WhiteCatzs

Just discovered this model yesterday, and was so impressed I bought it.

I’m a jazz player (only clean)and this thing has a big, sweet punchy tone for such a little light (7.2lb) body.   Easy to play, it’s the sound that I’ve been chasing with various other guitars-the center block gives nice sustain- I also have a big-box ES175D and have previously owned a brutally heavy ES345.

The 339 is light and nimble easy to stand with, produces rich sounding harp- harmonics as well.  The neck is wide enough so I can play closed voicings up at the 10th fret on the top 4 strings- which is much more difficult to do on the ES175D.

I decided to replace the shiny chrome Grover ( kidney) tuners with their retro - vintage style in order the reduce all that shiny chrome bling. 

7DAD91BF-B99D-4FA1-B430-DB1A0266A75D.jpeg

Edited by WhiteCatzs
Typo

Very nice..  I have a 336 which is the same size as a 339 but not a proper hollow body. Its a carved out back piece rather than using laminates...  Best guitar I have ever owned by far..

If as you say you are a Jazz player then the 339 is probably better suited for that purpose. A 336 is more like a cross between a 339 and a Les Paul (in terms of sound).

Happy playing [thumbup]

• Like 1