Gibson Brands Forums

Buckle Rash

Apyoung86

So' date=' how do you avoid buckle rash on these guitars. This is something I have always wondered. I figured I would submit my question to the masses and see what they think.

Should I wear a non-metal belt buckle? What about those goofy metal snaps that come on jeans?[/quote']

Only play when naked.

• 2 months later...
There's a product that's sort of like a stick place mat that you can slap on the back of your guitar and easily remove after the gig. I don't remember what it was called but it was advertised by Guitar Center a couple months ago. As for me' date=' I like to add character to my guitars and a buckle rash is a great way to "relic" your guitar by yourself. [/quote']

Scratch pad mate... i got one. One problem though, you cant use it for at least a year after the guitar was made (well a gibson anyway) becasue of the nitro finish [biggrin] so i wasted my money lol

I rarely have a tucked shirt when playing, and still have some buckle rash happening. Fact of life dude. As for losing the belt, not an option for me. I feel naked whilst not wearing a belt sort of the same as I feel naked without my watch on my left wrist.

There are still items on your person that can cause some 'buckle rash' without wearing a belt, to wit, buttons on shirts, buttons/snaps on jeans, the little rivet doo-dads on the pocket of your jeans, the pocket clip for the folding knife that hangs out in your pocket, keys that may be peeking out of your pocket, and the list goes on.

Archived