Gibson Brands Forums

That Special Place for a Getaway

Californiaman

Not a lot of people know this, but the Central Coast of California has some pretty good mineral springs and hot tubbing.

Californiagirl and I like to go to a place called Sycamore Mineral Springs for a good soak now and again. I've planned a two-hour romantic evening for the two of us at the mineral springs later in the week. Got a baby sitter all lined up. A movie for the kids to watch and we're good to go. Shhhh, it's a surprise.

We'll get something light at one of the best deli's around (really, it's been voted the best deli in the tri-counties) called DePalo and Sons in Shell Beach. They have some of the best food there and the wine selection is Killer, with wines from all over the Central Coast, as well as the Napa Valley.

Then it's on to the springs for a two-hour soak in a private, outdoor tub overlooking the oak and sycamore covered hills that surround the area. Twilight, a light dinner, some wine and my beautiful wife, hot-tubbing it up Friday evening.

Afterwards we might stop in the Garden Restaurant for desert and to see who's playing. One of my student's father has a regular acoustic gig there and he's pretty good.

Californiaman, have a great time!!! That is really awesome that you and your wife do stuff like that together.

My wife and I used to do that kind of stuff all the time but now we have a 4 month old and he is our first child so for now we don't get to do much outside the home. Can't wait until this summer when will be able to do a bit more :-({|=

Californiaman' date=' have a great time!!! That is really awesome that you and your wife do stuff like that together.

My wife and I used to do that kind of stuff all the time but now we have a 4 month old and he is our first child so for now we don't get to do much outside the home. Can't wait until this summer when will be able to do a bit more :-({|=[/quote']

Hubert,

I've been there. Once the summer comes, take that boy on long walks in his stroller. I used to go everyday with my first on a 1-2 mile hike around the park next to where we used to live. That boy loved it. When he learned to walk, it was always an adventure.

Tonight, it's about taking care of Californiagirl. She works hard at being a public health nurse and educator. She needs some time away from the kids and tonight she's getting pampered.

Hubert' date='

I've been there. Once the summer comes, take that boy on long walks in his stroller. I used to go everyday with my first on a 1-2 mile hike around the park next to where we used to live. That boy loved it. When he learned to walk, it was always an adventure.

Tonight, it's about taking care of Californiagirl. She works hard at being a public health nurse and educator. She needs some time away from the kids and tonight she's getting pampered.

[/quote']

Good advice! Also looking forward to taking him to his first live music event :-({|=

Definitely got to take care of the wife and it sounds like she really deserves it. My wife is a dental tech and puts up with so much junk at work and then takes care of me and the little one like we were kings. I love to pamper her and make her feel special #-o

Hope the two of you have a great time and enjoy the night off!

Californiaman' date=' have a great time!!! That is really awesome that you and your wife do stuff like that together.

My wife and I used to do that kind of stuff all the time but now we have a 4 month old and he is our first child so for now we don't get to do much outside the home. Can't wait until this summer when will be able to do a bit more :-({|=[/quote']

Isn't that what grandparents are for???

Isn't that what grandparents are for???

Yes, but when you live 250 miles away from the GPs, it's hard to go out unless you have a reliable sitter. In this case it's my cousins daughter.

The GPs will be here next month so we can get away for an entire weekend.

Archived