Gibson Brands Forums

John Mayer

fretplay

It may come as a surprise to you but John Mayer has a new album out called  Sob Rock. Well the title didn't excite me so I thought no more of it but hearing from a friend that I should give it a try I did, and yes I like it so thought I would share it with fellow members.

Some of the tracks are John Mayer meets Mark Knopfler and some John Mayer meets Phil Collins and some John Mayer is still hug up on Katy Perry but having said that there is soul in this album even if it is his. Then of course there is his guitar playing which is wonderful, not only is it clever and tactile it is also musical and sympathetic to the cor of the songs. Mayer is a superb song writer and musician but the enjoyment in this album is there in bucket loads for us all to hear.  

That guy has banged some of the hottest chicks on the planet (my girls Jennifer and Taylor, also Jennifer Love Huge T-its, Cameron Diaz, Jessica Simpson and I think he stick his winky in Miley Cyrus's dirt nether region too) and as much as I hate his fuking guts he can play guitar and look incredibly sexy while doing it. His new album SOB Rock (are you supposed say Sob or call a Son Of A B-itch Rock, not sure). His album cover looks like it was released in about 1983, with the way the lettering is on the cover and the soft colors used. He is also a member of the touring Dead And Co. I saw the real Dead when they had this guitarist in the band you may have heard of named Jerry Garcia.  He now plays PRS's (take that Fender) and I think Martins when acoustic, and of course they are the expensive ones I can afford. 

It makes me sad Martin made not 1 but,  2 signature models for him, cause he is of course that worthy of 2 models. I think of all the legends I've see playing Martins, yet it this guy that gets to have 2 made for him.

Like I said he can play but his music makes me want to give back my lunch when I hear him. 

Later B-itches

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That guy has banged some of the hottest chicks on the planet (my girls Jennifer and Taylor, also Jennifer Love Huge T-its, Cameron Diaz, Jessica Simpson and I think he stick his winky in Miley Cyrus's dirt nether region too) and as much as I hate his fuking guts he can play guitar and look incredibly sexy while doing it. His new album SOB Rock (are you supposed say Sob or call a Son Of A B-itch Rock, not sure). His album cover looks like it was released in about 1983, with the way the lettering is on the cover and the soft colors used. He is also a member of the touring Dead And Co. I saw the real Dead when they had this guitarist in the band you may have heard of named Jerry Garcia.  He now plays PRS's (take that Fender) and I think Martins when acoustic, and of course they are the expensive ones I can afford. 

It makes me sad Martin made not 1 but,  2 signature models for him, cause he is of course that worthy of 2 models. I think of all the legends I've see playing Martins, yet it this guy that gets to have 2 made for him.

Like I said he can play but his music makes me want to give back my lunch when I hear him. 

Later B-itches

Your not a fan then?

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Later B-itches

Not sure how you really feel about the guy.

rct

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Later B-itches

Hey Sarge how’s it going? Nice to see you around again. 

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Later B-itches

Is this how you come back? No "I'm back b!tches" thread?  😎

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Later B-itches

fn rudest creeper on the web award goes to.. sgt peeper !!!!!

mods youare  slacking.

• Thanks 1

"peeper"?  [confused]     Anyway.....

I'm not really too familiar with Mayer's work.  I remember him doing an instrumental version of Michael Jackson's "Human Nature"( one of the few Jackson tunes I actually liked)at some televised tribute to Michael after Jackson died and was impressed with his playing.      

Whitefang

19 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I take it back, he DOES look incredibly sexy.

Guess I'll have to arm wrestle Sgt. Pepper for bedding rights.

That sexy hunk of man meat is mine and you can't have him. 

Here is my tip of the day. If you want The Beatles - The Beatles aka The White Album on vinyl, Wallyworld has it for $49 and it includeds the Esher Demos. You have to go to the store and buy it as its about $70 online for the same item.

Later B-itchettes.

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That sexy hunk of man meat is mine and you can't have him. 

Here is my tip of the day. If you want The Beatles - The Beatles aka The White Album on vinyl, Wallyworld has it for $49 and it includeds the Esher Demos. You have to go to the store and buy it as its about $70 online for the same item.

Later B-itchettes.

I thought this was another old ressurected thread when I saw you. But no. Its today and you're all fired up about Mayer. 

I'm gonna start a thread up next month praising Bono's terrific vocal and visual style.