Gibson Brands Forums

NGD, With a Question.....Update

Joe M

I just brought home a brand new LP Goldtop Deluxe with mini-humbuckers. Great sounding and playing guitar but, since I've never had a guitar with the minis, I've got a question.....the guitar buzzes like crazy unless I touch something metal on it, like the bridge, then the buzz goes away completely. I know that this is "normal" for a single coil guitar, like most Fenders, but is this also the case with the minis?

Thanks for any help. 

Edited by Joe M

Update....took guitar back to the store tech, couldn't duplicate the problem there. Came home, tried yet another cable and amp, still buzzing when nothing metal on the guitar is touched. Figured it was worth a shot, so I plugged my wireless system in and....silence, no hiss, no buzz, nothing but the sound of the guitar. Tried a couple of my other guitars (one Tele, one Strat) with the same "bad" cables and no buzz at all. I have not changed or moved anything in my guitar room for months, so I've ruled out anything new, such as electronics. For whatever reason, the LP doesn't like MY cables at MY house; so, bottom line, wireless when I play it. 

image.gif

Edited by Joe M

• Joe M changed the title to NGD, With a Question.....Update