Gibson Brands Forums

Inspired by Gibson

Scott Runde

I ordered a Hummingbird Inspired by Gibson at Guitar Center almost 2 months ago, and after a month of telling me they are out of stock I cancelled that order and went to Sweetwater. 

Sweetwater had the case in stock, but the guitar was again backordered.  And over the last month Epiphone has not responded to inquiries by my sales consultant.  Not we're sorry,  we don't have any ships to go to China,  we didn't realize there are cargo planes that go to China, just crickets... nothing. 

If you just don't care about your better half product just say so and the world will move on.  But No Response is not acceptable for any business!

What a shame your fear has ruined your company,  in fact the Gibson model is out of stock also.  Guess no one in Kalamazoo cares about selling guitars.

I'll start shopping boutique builders now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Scott Runde said:

Guess no one in Kalamazoo cares about selling guitars.

Plenty of people in Kalamazoo care about selling guitars. None of them have worked for Gibson in almost 40 years.

Your experience is not unique. People have a hard time getting guitars right now. That's customers, dealers, and Epiphone themselves. Everyone is hurt by it. It's not even unique to the guitar industry, it's a problem with finished products being imported as well as raw materials being imported for US manufacture.

Edited by pohatu771
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

this is an issue across all industries worldwide and has been since March 15th 2020 or so. Where have you been? also you've waited 90 days since your first order of arguable the hottest, newest, well-rated budget guitar on the market. 

go ask a us-based boutique builder to build you as much guitar as $800 will buy you and please report back with what they say, ill bring the popcorn 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Be patient - I have one and it's worth the wait. Mine took a couple of months to be delivered here in Australia. I bought mine with hard case too. Not disappointed!

If you want a good example of the guitar shortage at the moment go check out the current selection of Gibson SJ-200's at Wildwood - I've seen them list as many as 50, now they have just 2 of the new G-200's!

https://wildwoodguitars.com/product-category/acoustics/gibson-acoustics/super-jumbo/

MrfdfJrm.jpg  dSqa9Avm.jpgMIWwc9mm.jpg

Edited by Brucebubs

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I’ll add this.  I waited about 4 months for an order to be filled for an ISP hummingbird.   Delays like this are a problem (if you can call that) with anything in demand, and this is.   I’ve had it now for a couple months; it is superb and was well worth the wait.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking for an opinion on the inspired by Gibson HB. I already have waay too many guitars. But in 1965 bought a Hummingbird and of course wouldn’t have parted with it had I known. Fast forward, I already have a couple of nice Dreds, Martin and Taylor, and I’m not a big lover of  Drednoughts, but willing to spend a “little bit” on this inspired by Gibson Epi HB  (of course want the natural finish) if it’s worth 800.00 bills just because I’m intrigued by all the hoopla. That said I except it’s not a Gibson. I have had J-45’s and AJ’s and a gorgeous Doves in Flight ( go ahead kick me) over the years but don’t need to shell out 3K+ for another Gibbie With the natural on back order no one can give me a good answer as to when they’ll be available, and why are they back ordered when there seem to be plenty of bursts in stock. Is it just an appearance issue that makes them more desirable? I seem to remember the first birds back in the 60’s were all Cherry Burst. And secondly, does anyone know if this b/o issue a material supply or a shipping logistics problem. 
I’m always worried about QC problems when the production pressure is put on the manufacturer. I’ve had some bad Gibsons produced in the Norlin era.