Gibson Brands Forums

Steve Earl Doing a Townes Van Zandt Album

suburude63

Steve is set to release Townes, his highly anticipated follow up to the Grammy Award-winning album Washington Square Serenade, on May 12 via New West Records. The 15-song set is comprised of songs written by Earle's friend and mentor, the late singer-songwriter, Townes Van Zandt.

When speaking about Townes, Earle stated, "This may be one of the best records I've ever made." The album features such guests as Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine/The Nightwatchman, Steve's wife and acclaimed singer-songwriter Allison Moorer, Dennis Crouch, Tim O'Brien, Darrel Scott, Shad Cobb and Steve's son, Justin Townes Earle.

Steve will be touring in support of Townes with tour dates announced shortly. Townes will also be available as a deluxe two-CD set, as well as double limited edition 180 gram vinyl. You can listen to "Lungs" from the new album today over at Pitchfork.com.

aggbug

Steve is set to release Townes, his highly anticipated follow up to the Grammy Award-winning album Washington Square Serenade, on May 12 via New West Records. The 15-song set is comprised of songs written by Earle's friend and mentor, the late singer-songwriter, Townes Van Zandt.

When speaking about Townes, Earle stated, "This may be one of the best records I've ever made." The album features such guests as Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine/The Nightwatchman, Steve's wife and acclaimed singer-songwriter Allison Moorer, Dennis Crouch, Tim O'Brien, Darrel Scott, Shad Cobb and Steve's son, Justin Townes Earle.

Steve will be touring in support of Townes with tour dates announced shortly. Townes will also be available as a deluxe two-CD set, as well as double limited edition 180 gram vinyl. You can listen to "Lungs" from the new album today over at Pitchfork.com.

aggbug

Brilliant!! I have been waiting for SE to do this for a long time.

I like the up-to-date production on his version of 'Lungs' too, it would be too easy to make an album of songs that sailed too close to the originals.

I found Guy Clark's version of 'No Lonesome Tune' from 'Workbench Songs' to be incredibly moving, too.

Here Here a great version! I love Guy also! suburude

Brilliant!! I have been waiting for SE to do this for a long time.

I like the up-to-date production on his version of 'Lungs' too' date=' it would be too easy to make an album of songs that sailed too close to the originals.

I found Guy Clark's version of 'No Lonesome Tune' from 'Workbench Songs' to be incredibly moving, too.[/quote']

Archived