Gibson Brands Forums

Looking to rent an Explorer (or something similar) for a TV commercial in Denver Oct 10 or 11th. $200. Will handle it like a baby.

Carol B.

Hello, 

I'm a photo stylist in Denver looking to rent a Gibson Explorer, or other 'zig-zag' black electric guitar for a TV commercial happening in Denver  Oct 10/11.  I will have my assistant pick it up and deliver it back to you the same day.  The commercial is for an energy drink using professional actors.  Will pay $200. 

I'm legit--www.carolbeaver.com

Thanks so much in advance!

Cheers,

Carol Beaver

801-706-1590

43 minutes ago, Carol B. said:

Hello, 

I'm a photo stylist in Denver looking to rent a Gibson Explorer, or other 'zig-zag' black electric guitar for a TV commercial happening in Denver  Oct 10/11.  I will have my assistant pick it up and deliver it back to you the same day.  The commercial is for an energy drink using professional actors.  Will pay $200. 

I'm legit--www.carolbeaver.com

Thanks so much in advance!

Cheers,

Carol Beaver

801-706-1590

Sure just come by my house and pick it up and bring it back when your done, and since you said you would handle it like a baby, I'll let you use it for free. 

You may be legit, but you are probably going to have to find someone you or an associate know that has one and see if they will let you borrow it. No way in hell I'm loaning out a $1000 guitar to some one I don't know. My wife doesn't even get to touch my guitars and her I know and trust.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Carol B, 

I checked all the guitar shops and stores in the Denver area, and even perused Craigslist looking for a black Gibson Explorer (or similarly-shaped black guitar).

Came up dry. 
Didn't have any luck at all. 

There are a number of bad-*** black guitars available though. 
Are you dead-set on the Explorer body shape?
😬

If she's going to treat it like a baby, does that mean she's gonna breast feed it and diaper it?  

And how easy is it curing ANY guitar of diaper rash?

And where is she gonna find a pacifier small enough to fit in that jack input?  [wink]

Whitefang

• Sad 1

Oh well heck, Carol B. 

I was just going to suggest that you pickup this BC Rich Mockingbird (in the Denver area) for a little over $200, and then flip it later on. 

It's not precisely an Explorer or Destroyer shape, but it's still pretty wicked. 

https://denver.craigslist.org/msg/d/denver-bc-rich-mockingbird-2015/7385621247.html

Glad you found that Stratosphere nonetheless. 

😁

On 10/2/2021 at 9:18 AM, Whitefang said:

Well CAROL,  being a life-long smart-azz, I couldn't resist.  Hope you know I was just being facetious and meant no real offense, just havin' a bit o' fun.  [wink]

Whitefang

We already have a resident smart axe in Sgt. Pepper.   You'll need to self-identify as something else.  

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2021 at 9:14 AM, Carol B. said:

Thanks for all of your responses--especially Whitefang--Obviously I am clueless about the guitar world!!  I found a nice Stratosphere to rent from FrontRange Backline--I've been schooled--Thanks!

Carol,   We hope your photo-shoot goes well.  Thank you for initially thinking of using a Gibson.   Obviously someone here has good taste.   And based on your work on your website - class. 

22 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

We already have a resident smart axe in Sgt. Pepper.   You'll need to self-identify as something else.  

Thanks for the compliment. I've owned a few Stratocasters but never a Stratosphere. I have an album by Tangerine Dream called Stratosphere.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Thanks for the compliment. I've owned a few Stratocasters but never a Stratosphere. I have an album by Tangerine Dream called Stratosphere.

A college mate used to refer to them as Stratocruisers. He was an acoustic only player. It was a sort of p1ss take.