Gibson Brands Forums

Price increase

Blooze

Rising fuel prices and a shortage of truck drivers for starter.  Even worse for anything imported as ships sit unloaded in ports all over the country.  Even stores like Dollar Tree, which is becoming Dollar-ish Tree due to rising costs, are feeling the pinch.

• Like 1

When it becomes BuckanaQuarter Tree I will have to take to the streets and riot to express my displeasure.

Produce for my tortoises used to cost $15 a week, tonight it was $28.

My guess is a couple of years before things get back to just normal price gouging.  I haven't been keeping up but I'm sure the pandemic is happily ravaging the lower income countries who have become our sweatshops.  I am reminded by just how fortunate I am when I see things like mass body burnings in city parks like what was happening in India not too long ago.

It took 7 months to get a pair of stereo speakers - some piddly part from Asia was on back order so sit and wait.  First World Problems.

I get all that (pandemic crap) but why not just a 5 or 10 percent across the board . This increase doesn’t make sense ( les Paul classic $300 increase, lp  standard $200 )and the sg standard still comes with a gigbag at 1699. Guess I’ll be buying used.

6 hours ago, Blooze said:

I get all that (pandemic crap) but why not just a 5 or 10 percent across the board . This increase doesn’t make sense ( les Paul classic $300 increase, lp  standard $200 )and the sg standard still comes with a gigbag at 1699. Guess I’ll be buying used.

Good luck with that! Wait til you look at Used Prices! They’re even more crazy! It’s a different World! Some of these Guys are asking more than New!!!

Due to the Pandemic, increased costs for raw materials, lack of labor, world wide distribution difficulties etc. Supply & Demand has created a Sellers Market for everything.. Gas has doubled in the past year.. Everything costs more..

Anyone who thinks Prices will go back to the way they were before is dreaming. There’s a new reality…

Edited by Larsongs

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Does it have 2 holes in it or the more standard one? Or is it one of them electrics?

haha!  it would most likely have one.. if it was one that was supposed to have one that is..

other wise,, one of them thar electrics..

On 10/2/2021 at 8:17 AM, Larsongs said:

Good luck with that! Wait til you look at Used Prices! They’re even more crazy! It’s a different World! Some of these Guys are asking more than New!!!

Due to the Pandemic, increased costs for raw materials, lack of labor, world wide distribution difficulties etc. Supply & Demand has created a Sellers Market for everything.. Gas has doubled in the past year.. Everything costs more..

Anyone who thinks Prices will go back to the way they were before is dreaming. There’s a new reality…

You are correct, my friend.  Used guitars are like used cars these days.  Way over-priced.  But hey, if you’re a seller, get it while the getting’s good.  Real estate is like that here now.  Prices here in the People’s Republic of Austin, (we actually live outside Austin in a sane suburban county), are out of control.   Right now, we could get almost 3 times what we bought our house for back in 2012.  Now we did put quite a bit of money into our house to increase its value,  but it’s still completely out of control.  Oh well.  Our mortgage will be paid off free and clear in a few years and we have already considered eventually moving, including moving back to Tucson. Time will tell. 

Edited by tx-ogre

At this point I think only the top 10% of earners worldwide can afford pro level guitars and basses. Or someone with serious guitar priorities. 

If guit prices continue to rise , at some point I would expect new sales to crash. I mean, the average earner is basically priced outta the market at this point.

It's all going to get so much worse when it all kicks off between China and Taiwan, which at the moment is looking increasingly likely given China's belligerent attitude.

Obviously this isn't going to effect Gibson directly but certainly Epiphone.  Given that the South China sea is one of the Worlds main supply route's, I'd imagine it's going to have a knock on effect on everything, so if you want to buy any cheap Chinese rubbish you'd better get it quick.   

18 hours ago, Eracer_Team said:

When have we ever seen prices go down?

Government taxes lowered every year 

Last time Chev or Ford put out a new model yr cheaper than the one before 

Think not

One guy in the acoustic section told me it happened, and I must have missed it.