Gibson Brands Forums

Delivery time from Gibson?

Morety

Hi All,

I ordered an ES-335 about two weeks ago (from a store in Canada).

They said Gibson isn't offering ETAs on how long it'll take for them to receive it. I was wondering if anyone here had any idea at all as to how long it takes to fill an order and ship it to Canada?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Morety said:

Hi All,

I ordered an ES-335 about two weeks ago (from a store in Canada).

They said Gibson isn't offering ETAs on how long it'll take for them to receive it. I was wondering if anyone here had any idea at all as to how long it takes to fill an order and ship it to Canada?

Thanks!

With the way the world is today its anyone's guess.

I ordered directly with a retailer (in-store). They said that Gibson isn't giving out any delivery ETAs, so I was wondering if anyone here had recently ordered one, and how long it might have taken.

The chain had one in Quebec, but it wasn't in the box so I figured I would wait and get a new one (without any potential belt-buckle marks all over it) fresh from the box.

1 hour ago, Morety said:

I ordered directly with a retailer (in-store). They said that Gibson isn't giving out any delivery ETAs, so I was wondering if anyone here had recently ordered one, and how long it might have taken.

The chain had one in Quebec, but it wasn't in the box so I figured I would wait and get a new one (without any potential belt-buckle marks all over it) fresh from the box.

Well, just some advice... and you may want to rethink that ... a bird in the hand...

there's  a reason they're not even giving estimates.  the supply chain is still a mess.

On 10/6/2021 at 6:07 AM, Morety said:

Ah well, I still have my Blueberry to keep me going until it arrives. I'll be as patient as possible and plan for it to show up a year from now. Anything before then I will consider bonus time.

Then there was the Pandemic…. Hopefully yours will come much sooner.

• 1 month later...

Same situation here in Germany. The big retailers offer 20 to 50 different ES-versions in the webstores, but nearly nothing - maybe some with prices > 5.000€ - are available.

But - last week a brandnew ES-335 60s Cherry (produced October, 28th in Nashville) found the way to a store in Nuremberg - and now it belongs to me. A beautiful instrument, great playability after the luthier of the store has optimized string height at bridge and the saddle notches. It sounds great, couldn´t stop playing on this guitar.

So I am glad that one "hoarder" maybe has focussed on canned ravioli (not to find every brand and can size in the supermarkets at the moment) or AdBlue (additiv for diesel engines) - and not on ES-335s

• Haha 1

Thank you! I was on the "waiting list" of this guitar store - wanted to buy an ES335 or ES345 in August and they had nothing, same situation as you are in. And they really informed me immediately after the ES-335 arrived on Wednesday last week. And now they have to wait for another ES-335. 

It´s my 60s birthday guitar - got it before I will be 61. Have an 2004 built Epiphone DOT (made in Korea) - a good guitar but nothing compared to the new Gibson. The Gibson is lighter, better wood, better optics, pickups are great for me, I like the more "open" sound of the new ES-335, hard to describe. 

I hope you will find one soon!

Doc

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Morety said:

Update, it did finally arrive. It took about 3.5 months to come in.

I love it. It is like it was made for me. The feel and the sound are amazing.

IMG_8768.jpg

Terrific!

I love the colour shading on that perimeter burst. Thats a beauty. 

Thanks for reporting back with the good news & be sure to enjoy it. 

I ordered my 2021 ES-345 in September, from Guitar Center (not from a store, but via their 800 number).  At the time, GC's website showed one ES-345 in their inventory, in a store someplace in the midwest, but when the GC guy on the phone checked into it, it had been previously sold.  So an order was placed on Gibson.  When I placed the order, I was told that it might take two months, but barely a week later I got an e-mail saying it had just shipped from GC's main warehouse.  It sounds like I just got lucky, and GC's warehouse just happened to get one in, a bit after I ordered....

It was clearly brand new, and not a guitar that had been sitting around in the GC main warehouse, or in a GC store someplace (based on the paperwork in the case, as well as shipping labels, etc.)

The timing of  my order was also good, as the MSRP for all ES-335's and variants (like my ES-345) was raised a few weeks later (effective October 1st?), which would also have raised my discounted purchase price proportionally.  In the case of an ES-345, MSRP jumped $300, just after my purchase.