Gibson Brands Forums

Played a G-45 yesterday in GC

Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Go play one for yourself and make up your own mind. You will be glad you didn't.

I have played the G-Songwriter and G-200, as mentioned earlier. The G-Songwriter was a fine guitar, if not to my taste. I'd happily recommend it to someone if it met their preferences and budget. I wish the G-200 hadn't been damaged.

I'm simply curious what surprises are inside, as someone who actually looked inside one.

10 minutes ago, pohatu771 said:

I have played the G-Songwriter and G-200, as mentioned earlier. The G-Songwriter was a fine guitar, if not to my taste. I'd happily recommend it to someone if it met their preferences and budget. I wish the G-200 hadn't been damaged.

I'm simply curious what surprises are inside, as someone who actually looked inside one.

I'm thinking there is probably some bracing in there and maybe a small woodland creature hiding in the lower bout. 

Your curious as to what is there, what do you think is in there. Ever look inside your guitar with the strings off with an inspection mirror? It's pretty much a lot of empty space and bracing. And now with a second hole its easier to see or get your pick if it falls inside the guitar. I think retrieving your pick is the only plus for this beast.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm thinking there is probably some bracing in there and maybe a small woodland creature hiding in the lower bout. 

Your curious as to what is there, what do you think is in there. Ever look inside your guitar with the strings off with an inspection mirror? It's pretty much a lot of empty space and bracing. And now with a second hole its easier to see or get your pick if it falls inside the guitar. I think retrieving your pick is the only plus for this beast.

I'm very aware of what is inside a guitar. I'm just curious what "interesting stuff" is inside this particular series that I'm expected to scour the internet to find a single, unnamed YouTube review to learn about.

20 hours ago, Hall said:

They cut the guitar and there  was interesting stuff on the inside.  fyi

18 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

Are you going to tell us what they found inside, or are we supposed to guess?

2 hours ago, Hall said:

RBSin To:  No, I'm not telling.  I'm not buying one either.  Just thought some folks might want to go to YouTube and watch the video for themselves.

I'm beginning to remember why I took an eight-year hiatus from this forum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pohatu771 said:

I'm very aware of what is inside a guitar. I'm just curious what "interesting stuff" is inside this particular series that I'm expected to scour the internet to find a single, unnamed YouTube review to learn about.

What interesting stuff I don't have 26mins to waste on a guitar I don't want.

I'm still hoping it was a woodland creature? Yes / No?

Yeah that RBS guy. I'm gonna send him another message to cool his jets.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, pohatu771 said:

Gimme a break you guys.   I ran into the video on the Acoustic Guitar Forum.  

I for one , and maybe there are others , who have a sound hole mirror and use it to see the bridge plate, check out wiring, sometimes double check bridge pins and perhaps just inspect to see if its clean and tidy work... often on new guitars...no sniffing tho....

20 minutes ago, jvi said:

I for one , and maybe there are others , who have a sound hole mirror and use it to see the bridge plate, check out wiring, sometimes double check bridge pins and perhaps just inspect to see if its clean and tidy work... often on new guitars...no sniffing tho....

Come on admit it you sniffed it.

6 hours ago, jvi said:

cant help but smell what is probably toxic off gassing so, no I try not to sniff ( used to, been off the stuff for years ) 

Only thing worse than guitar-farts, is a guy who is a guitar-fart sniffer.

This place gets weirder by the day.

RBSinTo

14 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

BoSox... listen to Baxter's AD17 review.  What a fantastic informative segment - with intelligent talk, appropriate demo playing...

Wow, yes. Very nice. That's a pair of serious sounding guitars, there. These sound much better than the 2015 and a 2016 614 & 314 I had before the "Bird flu" hit me in 2018.  These guys also have Lowdens.

I had not even heard of these guys until someone from down that way came up here to by a Tele from me and told me about them.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:32 PM, Hall said:

I just watched a 26 minute pretty intensive review of the Gibson G-45.  The guy was more impressed with the soft case than the guitar.  I must be yesteryear plus on the case thing.  I thought he was pretty harsh on the guitar.  It sounded ok to me on decent speakers.   I saw his point on a lot of stuff, but not every negative point.  And, it passed some criticals. I ran into the review on another site by chance.  I guess it is on YouTube also.  They cut the guitar and there  was interesting stuff on the inside.  fyi

I am setting up my 000-18 and with the strings off I snapped 2 pics of the inside. See like I told everyone a lot of empty space and bracing. I so wanted a small woodland creature to be in there though.

7WETSfb.jpg

RyUaW2L.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 10/11/2021 at 3:32 PM, Hall said:

I just watched a 26 minute pretty intensive review of the Gibson G-45.  The guy was more impressed with the soft case than the guitar.  I must be yesteryear plus on the case thing.  I thought he was pretty harsh on the guitar.  It sounded ok to me on decent speakers.   I saw his point on a lot of stuff, but not every negative point.  And, it passed some criticals. I ran into the review on another site by chance.  I guess it is on YouTube also.  They cut the guitar and there  was interesting stuff on the inside.  fyi

Click on Driftwood Guitars for the complete review.

58 minutes ago, olie said:

Click on Driftwood Guitars for the complete review.

No need, I held one in my very hands and made my own informed decision about the guitar.

Does anyone buy a guitar based on a review that you probably listened to on horrible lap top speakers?

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

No need, I held one in my very hands and made my own informed decision about the guitar.

Does anyone buy a guitar based on a review that you probably listened to on horrible lap top speakers?

Why don't you check it out, or are you of the camp that says"don't confuse me with facts - I've already made up my mind"? The review deals with much more than what you can hear on lousy speakers. Widen your horizons.

1 hour ago, olie said:

Why don't you check it out, or are you of the camp that says"don't confuse me with facts - I've already made up my mind"? The review deals with much more than what you can hear on lousy speakers. Widen your horizons.

I held one in my hands and strummed it what facts do I need. It’s like hearing about how the car handles and actually test driving it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper