Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Birthday Gilliangirl!!!!!!!!!!

rlouie

Hey GG!!!

From one Aries to another..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

(I am another year younger on Friday as I decided that I better start going backward since I am too close to 50 right now.)

Paul, the turning-50-thing was brutal. I like your plan. Start now (counting backwards) and save yourself before it's too late!!! :-)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy Birthday Karen.

I suggest that when blowing out the candles' date=' you tie your hair back, to avoid accidents.

That Kyser should do the trick!

Cheers my dear![/quote']

Albertjohn, I almost caught my hair on fire the other day near the stove. Seriously! It was past my belt line. Just had 10" cut off it last Friday and it's still down the middle of my back. Wish I could play guitar as well as I can grow hair haha! Another good use for the Kyser =D>/

• 3 weeks later...
Gearbasher' date=' glad to see you back. It's weird 'cause I was just thinking about you the other day when we were talking about sprained wrists and other accidents. How are you? [/quote']

Welcome back mate' date=' missed you ( In a manly way of course!)

All well again now? [/quote']

Ggirl, Johnt,

Thanks for asking about me. I've been lurking as a guest and not posting because I feel I've been jinxed since I've joined the forum. After almost being fully recoved from my accident and just starting to get back into shape, I broke my foot. I was out for another six weeks and now I'm walking with a boot for 5 more weeks (I broke it being a nice guy...no good deed goes unpunished). On top of that, I got a bad sinus infection and tried toughing it out. After four weeks, I went to an ENT doc. She put me on a strong antibiotic that made me feel worse than the having the sinus problem. Nausea, fatigue, muscle aches, hungy but no desire to eat and tingling in my hands. I took six days of a ten day course and had enough. Gave her a call this morning and she said to stop using them. Hopefully, I'll feel better in a few days.

Just wanted to say thanks...I'll probably limit my posts (I am superstitious). Be good and stay well.

BTW: Cunkhead is gone. Any word?

Ggirl' date=' Johnt,

Thanks for asking about me. I've been lurking as a guest and not posting because I feel I've been jinxed since I've joined the forum. After almost being fully recoved from my accident and just starting to get back into shape, I broke my foot. I was out for another six weeks and now I'm walking with a boot for 5 more weeks (I broke it being a nice guy...no good deed goes unpunished). On top of that, I got a bad sinus infection and tried toughing it out. After four weeks, I went to an ENT doc. She put me on a strong antibiotic that made me feel worse than the having the sinus problem. Nausea, fatigue, muscle aches, hungy but no desire to eat and tingling in my hands. I took six days of a ten day course and had enough. Gave her a call this morning and she said to stop using them. Hopefully, I'll feel better in a few days.

Just wanted to say thanks...I'll probably limit my posts (I am superstitious). Be good and stay well.

BTW: Cunkhead is gone. Any word?[/quote']

Holy smoke! What is going on with your streak of luck?? That's awful! How did you break your foot..... on the bike? Maybe it's the bike you need to stay away from and not the forum? (just sayin') I know you could never stay away from your bike! hang in there, you can only go up from here, right?

I have not seen Cunk for awhile now. Miss him. I hope he'll return.

RedneckHouseAlarm.jpg

A belated birthday gift for you GG

Regards' date='

Moose[/quote']

I missed some of these the first time 'round! Thanks moose LOL Have you seen the redneck firealarm? It's a container of Jiffypop nailed to the wall. Cracks me up every time!

Holy smoke! What is going on with your streak of luck?? That's awful! How did you break your foot..... on the bike? Maybe it's the bike you need to stay away from and not the forum? (just sayin') I know you could never stay away from your bike! hang in there' date=' you can only go up from here, right?

I have not seen Cunk for awhile now. Miss him. I hope he'll return.[/quote']

Ggirl,

I didn't do it on the bike. I was being a nice guy. I offered my elderly aunt (87 years old and walks with a cane) a ride. As we were walking down a flight of steps, I was walking to her right and slightly ahead. I was looking back at her, talking and not paying attention to where I was going. I missed the last step and came down hard on the foot. I knew it was broken the minute it happened, but I didn't say anything to her (I didn't want her to feel bad) and still drove her home. Not an easy task with a 4 speed, manual brakes and a broken foot.

As far as being jinxed by this forum....After I posted yesterday, we had torrential rain down here and my roof started to leak like a sieve. On top of that, I get a call this morning from Discover card and was told someone stole my CC number and has been running up purchases on line.

Let's see what happens when I hit the post button right now. If I'm lucky a bolt of lightening will come down and end my misery.

I have an idea.

(Gilliangirl is already scared.)

I say we keep this thread alive, until her next birthday and then........................

It just keeps going, and going, and.

Happy Birthday.

Hope you get some knick, knacks.

Murph.

I have an idea.

(Gilliangirl is already scared.)

I say we keep this thread alive' date=' until her next birthday and then........................

It just keeps going, and going, and.

Happy Birthday.

Hope you get some knick, knacks.

Murph.[/quote']

Thanks Murph! I got some Gibson pump polish, some silver guitar earrings, GHS FastFret (which is my new best friend), and the latest edition of Acoustic Guitar magazine. Oh, and this thing called an ICE PICK. It's a necklace with a detachable metal guitar pick for when you're out and about and need a pick quickly. It's a little spring-loaded thing... I love it.

Archived