Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Let It Be (Remixed) Out Tomorrow


Sgt. Pepper
 Share

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, jvi said:

The best was what they released originally with all songs intact, the new isnt Beatles its post Beatle marketing, still no doubt good stuff.

The Naked version stripped away the cheese ball string arrangement Spector added to The Long And Winding Road (which would be more at home on a Paul solo album) and made it a little bit better, (along with Hey Jude, both are two of my least favorite Beatles songs) but still made it super Saccharine. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The Naked version stripped away the cheese ball string arrangement Spector added to The Long And Winding Road  and make it a little bit better, (along with Hey Jude, both are two of my least favorite Beatles songs) but still make it super Saccharine. 

Sarge, that's one page we both seem to be on. [wink]  I'll have to add the title song though.  However like that one better too in the stripped down version.  

And all the film footage being put together and released will at least get me to get off my duff and get my DVD player fixed(or replaced)  Using a sub now that my daughter got from a friend that needed to be plugged into my TV monitor's HDMI plug, negating the possibility of having the sound go through my stereo.   And for that disc(and my WOODSTOCK and BAND OF GYPSYS dvds) I want the best sound possible for it.  [wink]

Whitefang

Link to comment
Share on other sites

George's solo on the "album" version of Let It Be back in the day was one of his best. I'll all of the stuff released now. Can't help it.. That's what I do.

I just watched the trailer. Great clarity, phenomenal picture quality. Wow.

Edited by Tman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've always had a love/ hate relationship with the Beatles music, but I do like the Let it Be album - especially I Me Mine and Dig a Pony. That said, I will not be listening or funding McCartney, Ringo or the Beatles estate any further, as I think the world has had enough exposure to this little known band 😆 Enjoy the remixes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I ordered my copy yesterday (when all my troubles seemed so far away).

I got cheap and just went with the regular album along with a copy of Rubber Soul.

Me too. For now I just went with the 2 CD set. I'll hopefully get the vinyl and 5 CD set for Xmas.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, cody78 said:

I've always had a love/ hate relationship with the Beatles music, but I do like the Let it Be album - especially I Me Mine and Dig a Pony. That said, I will not be listening or funding McCartney, Ringo or the Beatles estate any further, as I think the world has had enough exposure to this little known band 😆 Enjoy the remixes.

Oh I will, but let me ask you this, will you buy Gibson's to widdle  away their debt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I listened to the album (big black thing) last night, it's really good.  I screamed and cried until I wet my pants and went home soggy but happy.

Like Abby Road, the cover is ridiculously thin  but the sleeve it good, no gatefold which was a disappointment.

On another Fab note, the 50th anniversary All Things Must Pass still sounds like Phil Spector was involved.  Big wall of syrupy mush with the bass cranked up for a lot of the tracks.  One listen was enough to wish I had my money back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've bought all of the late stage Beatles box sets, as well as owning every album in just about every incarnation released. (except 8track which I hated from its beginning)

Most of this material has been bootlegged for years but I'm a sucker for any enhanced audio of these classic. Mainly because as stated earlier Pepper and The White Album were like hearing something entirely different. I was also interested in hearing the Glyn Johns album that was rejected by the Beatles. (perhaps a little to raw and possibly a shock to their ears)

In the end 3 weeks to write, record and perform live ,this new material, was too much for them. 

All in all , after listening to it for a couple days its a great addition to my collection.

P.S.  The blue ray disc does use the red apple pic. So it's there in the multi-disc set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cookieman15061 said:

I've bought all of the late stage Beatles box sets, as well as owning every album in just about every incarnation released. (except 8track which I hated from its beginning)

Most of this material has been bootlegged for years but I'm a sucker for any enhanced audio of these classic. Mainly because as stated earlier Pepper and The White Album were like hearing something entirely different. I was also interested in hearing the Glyn Johns album that was rejected by the Beatles. (perhaps a little to raw and possibly a shock to their ears)

In the end 3 weeks to write, record and perform live ,this new material, was too much for them. 

All in all , after listening to it for a couple days its a great addition to my collection.

P.S.  The blue ray disc does use the red apple pic. So it's there in the multi-disc set.

I’m gonna get the 5cd + 1 blue ray for Xmas , along with a new vinyl copy.

Giles has done a great job on all 4 he has remixed.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...