Gibson Brands Forums

67 EC100 Seville saddle

Richard81

Working on a 67 EC100 and need help with choosing a replacement saddle. I want to lower the action but don't want to take a chance on ruining the original saddle. Can somebody point me in the right direction for a direct replacement saddle?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

3 hours ago, Richard81 said:

Working on a 67 EC100 and need help with choosing a replacement saddle. I want to lower the action but don't want to take a chance on ruining the original saddle. Can somebody point me in the right direction for a direct replacement saddle?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Try Stewart McDonald for replacement saddles.  They have a good  stock and variety of then.  An internet search Stewart McDonald should find them.  You may need to guess the width size, but you can always file it to fit if needed if it’s too big.  Hope this helps.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Update, although it plays and sounds incredible, I've decided to post it on Reverb. Not used to classical guitars and need to buy my granddaughter a beginner guitar for Christmas.  So if you know anyone interested in an EC-100 it's selling for $350. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 12:58 PM, Richard81 said:

Update, although it plays and sounds incredible, I've decided to post it on Reverb. Not used to classical guitars and need to buy my granddaughter a beginner guitar for Christmas.  So if you know anyone interested in an EC-100 it's selling for $350. Thanks again!

I have a 67 EC-100, and it's a really good instrument. $350 is a steal for one of these guitars. The identical gibson from the 60s (the C-1) model seems to be selling for upwards of $800 on Reverb, and some of those appear to be pretty ratty guitars. If I didn't own one already I'd be all over this one.