Gibson Brands Forums

lets be careful out there kids!! (this is sad and funny at the same time)

kidblast

4 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

His playing must've been f%*@in' awful

My first thought too.  [wink]

1 hour ago, badbluesplayer said:

Nice work.  If you're fifty and still living at home you should be shot just for good measure.  And your guitar needs to be shot too!

Maybe it's the other way around......

A sister in law of mine has been living with her daughter ever since she was 70 too.  Moved in shortly after her husband died.  Regardless.  The old coot could have just pulled the plug on the amp.  And another angle.....

The 50 year old son might have had a life as a "special needs" (Down's syndrome, or like The Rainman)child and even now isn't able to qualify for any work that would make him independent, IF he was mentally able to as well.  And his guitar playing might be therapeutic.  

Whitefang

11 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

My grandfather (born April 20, 1889) was real "old-school" and used to tell my dad to "Put down that damned guitar until you learn how to play it!" 

Sounds like something Yogi Berra would have said. 😀

• Haha 2

On 10/27/2021 at 8:53 AM, badbluesplayer said:

Nice work.  If you're fifty and still living at home you should be shot just for good measure.  And your guitar needs to be shot too!

LOL!!  truth!!!

I'd have probably shot him just for being there.. 

JK!!  Fang does make a good point all the same..

Edited by kidblast

17 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Your lucky you don’t have to make a movie with Alec Baldwin.

These are the prop bullets right, the ones that just make noise? 

And I think he’s one of those uber anti- gun guys.

Baldwin is a complete loon.  

Like Baldwin or not, it was a terrible thing to happen to anyone.   

As for getting shot for playing your guitar "too much",  ridiculous.  But at the very least, the NRA should be proud!  :rolleyes:  I mean, what's a crazy old coot like that doing with access to ANY firearm? 

Whitefang

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Like Baldwin or not, it was a terrible thing to happen to anyone.   

As for getting shot for playing your guitar "too much",  ridiculous.  But at the very least, the NRA should be proud!  :rolleyes:  I mean, what's a crazy old coot like that doing with access to ANY firearm? 

Whitefang

Gangsters, drug dealers, gang members and all around bad people have access to guns as well.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

23 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Gangsters, drug dealers, gang members and all around bad people have access to guns as well.

Sure.  And who do you think they STEAL them from?   I mean, you don't actually think they BUY them, do you?  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Sure.  And who do you think they STEAL them from?   I mean, you don't actually think they BUY them, do you?  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

Would be great if guns were never invented....would be great if knives were never invented....would be great if rocks were never invented.... but we don't live in a perfect world....we live in the world we inherited.   And since bad people have access to guns, knives, box cutters, screwdrivers and yes....even rocks.... if the population at large is left unprotected, they will dominate them.

Don't quote me on this, (I didn't look it up), but I believe the 'death rate' in Australia never changed when guns were outlawed.   I wouldn't walk the streets of Sydney alone at night unafraid.

46 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Would be great if guns were never invented....would be great if knives were never invented....would be great if rocks were never invented.... but we don't live in a perfect world....we live in the world we inherited.   And since bad people have access to guns, knives, box cutters, screwdrivers and yes....even rocks.... if the population at large is left unprotected, they will dominate them.

Don't quote me on this, (I didn't look it up), but I believe the 'death rate' in Australia never changed when guns were outlawed.   I wouldn't walk the streets of Sydney alone at night unafraid.

Correct!  You can't legislate laws to make people not be evil.   They just will be.   Limiting GOOD people's ability to defend them selves just isn't the answer.

Edited by kidblast