1. 1. Do you rotate your guitars?

• Well, yeah
    • Hell no

On 11/24/2021 at 9:57 AM, mihcmac said:

I seem to be getting tempted again

ka-g-061220-iy03-01.jpg?t=20200612134824

a Vox Bobcat V90...

Has anyone ever tried one of these?

That’s a beauty! I played one at NAMM a couple years ago & really liked it! If I recall the one I played had a Bigsby… 

• Like 1

I post mine, but once, one I posted was called a gaudy pig (I'm suspecting it was the D-41). At least Martin pickguards don't have or need birds and rodents inscrolled on them, or have a pickguard that covers up 85% of the top.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I post mine, but once, one I posted was called a gaudy pig (I'm suspecting it was the D-41). At least Martin pickguards don't have or need birds and rodents inscrolled on them, or have a pickguard that covers up 85% of the top.

I love my Dove....Doves In Flight.....and my two Hummingbirds.... I like the 'bling' on them!

On 12/1/2021 at 6:54 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Of course, that was on your recent New Guitar Day post for that beautiful parlor sized Martin.  And it was clearly a tongue-in-cheek COMPLIMENT.    I don't remember who made it - but there were another 2 dozen from others (me included) praising your good taste and fine fettle.  As they pertain to guitars. 

My 'go to'  is my J45.  But I  pull my H'Bird down on special occasions when I feel like a real treat. 

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Of course, that was on your recent New Guitar Day post for that beautiful parlor sized Martin.  And it was clearly a tongue-in-cheek COMPLIMENT.    I don't remember who made it - but there were another 2 dozen from others (me included) praising your good taste and fine fettle.  As they pertain to guitars. 

My 'go to'  is my J45.  But I  pull my H'Bird down on special occasions when I feel like a real treat. 

Gaudy pig is a tongue in cheek compliment?

My main go-to is probably my 1977 Telecaster. It's usually in a quiet room and almost never even plug it in. I like the tone and vibe I get just from the wood.  Lately when I do plug it in I've been rolling everything back to replicate that pure uncolored sound.... just amplified.

In that same tight circle is my 2015 HD-28 and a 3/4 size 1988 plywood classical from Brazil called a Seresta.

I have many other guitars that are supposed to be head turners but they don't get the "go-to" status. Therefore they are investments, or for valueless bragging rights, and should go away.

17 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

I have many other guitars that are supposed to be head turners but they don't get the "go-to" status. Therefore they are investments, or for valueless bragging rights, and should go away.

You know.... when I left home, and even after both my parents died....I didn't get jack.   I did get my dad's old Princeton amp.... but I had to completely rebuild the chassis, speaker, wiring and tubes, (cost WAY more than had I just bought an amp!).... but other than that....jack....   So...I wanted to leave my grandsons something special from me....they'll inherit ALL my stuff....but the DIF and the H'Bird Koa are 'special' guitars with zero scuffs, chips, scrapes, etc.   Other than being seasoned by time, they're just like when they shipped from Bozeman!   THAT'S not something that should go away.

I seem to be drawn to my slender neck guitars, how they feel around the 12th fret and beyond. My Blueshawk is unusual as it is a 25.5" scale giving me more finger room with a thin SlimTaper D profile. Then the SG Classic has an incredible 24.72" scale 60's SlimTaper. I usually take 2 guitars when I go jam and one is always my Wilshire it amazing 24.72" scale Medium C profile, I don't leave home without it.

I am taking this 97 Junior DC to band practice today. It has been completely reworked a few times currently has Kluson's, rewired with CTS pots, a new wraparound bridge and an 04 Gibson P90 (I also have a 58 Gibson P90 for it that I swap out once in a while). Its a heavy guitar as I have added 16oz of lead to the control cavity to offset neck dive, the action is so light and incredible all the way to 22.

KNR3yd3.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1