Your "Go To" Guitar

SteveFord

Go To Guitar?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you rotate your guitars?

• Well, yeah
    • Hell no

On 11/10/2021 at 11:16 AM, DanvillRob said:

Tuning them isn't a problem...but changing strings is a beast!

I agree - my 12-strings stay in tune pretty darn well, and with today's tuner technology, no big deal to tune 'em up.  Changing strings, on the other hand, yeah that takes a little more time. 😬

Just now, Cougar said:

I agree - my 12-strings stay in tune pretty darn well, and with today's tuner technology, no big deal to tune 'em up.  Changing strings, on the other hand, yeah that takes a little more time. 😬

Since mine pretty much stays in the house, it stays in turn pretty well...and with a quarts tuner, it's easy to tune up, when needed.   I had my luthier change the strings the last couple of times the strings got changed...but now that I'm retired, I can't afford to pay someone to change them!

I've never had a tech change my strings, in the beginning, starting out with plenty of low end guitars to experiment on and have always preformed my own luthier work. Recently I started installing Elixir strings on my acoustics because they seem to survive in my humid environment much longer. My electrics get played more frequently.

37 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

I've never had a tech change my strings, in the beginning, starting out with plenty of low end guitars to experiment on and have always preformed my own luthier work. Recently I started installing Elixir strings on my acoustics because they seem to survive in my humid environment much longer. My electrics get played more frequently.

I had my luthier go through every one of my acoustics..... full set-up and new strings..... had him repair several cracks in my old Jubilee, (my 'beater').... got so good to me, I had him change strings on most of them again recently.