Gibson Brands Forums

Back to Gibson Les Paul after 40 year absent.

THS_TributeLP22

Hi everyone,  newbie to forum here.  My last Les Paul I owned was a 1972 Black Beauty Custom and sold it in 1981 to get myself an Explorer. 

My Explorer proved to be road worthy and I still have it because of the memories, but it's seen it's better days. Looking back it was a huge mistake to sell my BB custom! I was a punk 17 year old, what did I know?  Anyway, I just purchased this satin honeyburst and absolutely love it!  I got in in the mail and other than a few strings needing intonated, it was flawlessly set up from the factory. They shipped it with 10-46 and I'm a 9-42 guy, but may just keep putting 10s on this after getting used to it. The tone is out of this world killer, but I'm sure you all know that anyway.  From what I remember on my '72 custom, this Tribute blows it out of the water but back then, it was probably not set up right either. Here is my new LP with my 1987 Marshall Jubilee (BTW, I have the full stack)   Great pairing indeed.

Cheers!

Todd

lespaul_jube.thumb.jpg.d7bf04c308fc1264680bb14dd69195a9.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...