Gibson Brands Forums

Songs that suck, but still make you feel good somehow.

Homz

Everyone has those songs from their past that suck and yet make you remember a time that was kinda cool in your life.

How about posting some of them.

Here's one I had already posted on another tread.

"I know there's something going on"

Another.

That's so wierd. I heard that song "Somethings Going On" just the other day while driving. I was intantly transported to the 9th grade again!

Nobody knows it til the chorus comes in' date=' but then it's GOLDEN!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ls7cH3elBc[/quote']

That transports me to a dimly lit room with smoke machines. I like to think that the guy in the stripey shirt has his eyes closed through the whole song, and that the drummer is feeling every half note on the tambourine to the very fibers of his soul.

And elsewhere, a dude with a mullet has the seats in his Fiero reclined, and the speakers in the headrests are carrying that soul-gripping vibe into the steamy night air, as he puts out his Marlboro red and prepares to see what's in his girlfriend Tammy's stretch pants.

All 80's fantasies aside, I have to say that a couple of my favorites are

"Dancing In The Moonlight" by King Harvest - it's not terrible, but it ain't exactly great either. Reminds me of partying on the beach in Duluth, MN.

Also, "Convoy" - It's all "I'm a bad-*** trucker who's fluent in 10-speak, and I don't take no guff from no troopers.... tell 'em what I'm sayin', flamboyantly gay chorus!...man that was totally gay, but back to how bad *** I am. Me and Rubber Duck was just talkin' about how we crashed the gate doin' 98, and we let them truckers roll"

Even so, I got the Time-Life 70's series, and continued so I could get those specific songs.

That's so wierd. I heard that song "Somethings Going On" just the other day while driving. I was intantly transported to the 9th grade again!

Did you hear it on Sirius Radio in the afternoon, two days ago I think. If so we were both listening to channel 15 at the same time.

I saw Adam Ant at Massey Hall/Toronto in the early 80's. The only crowd that was MORE weird was

Marilyn Manson at Copps Coliseum/ Hamilton in 1997

Needless to say, I kept that tape hidden behind my Ozzy and Allman Brothers.

BTW, if you don't mind my asking.....What the hell were you doing at a Marilyn Manson concert??

"I know there's something going on"

I didn't know that was Frida from ABBA.

Never paid any attention I guess.

The song is cool enough, I always thought the drums were just WAY too much.

Had no idea that was Phill Collins.

The stuff I like the most from him was the first two Robert Plant albums.

Collins was at his best in the shadow of John Bonham....

Is it just me, or does the song "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" go on for like 3 hours?

Horrible, horrible, cheesy song.

I guess my vote would have to be Wham and "Careless Whisper".

It's actually a great song, but... it's ...... Wham ........

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

Really, I AM a heterosexual. Really!

Did you hear it on Sirius Radio in the afternoon' date=' two days ago I think. If so we were both listening to channel 15 at the same time.

[/quote']

I think it was on SIRIUS because I just recently reactivated my account. I usually listen to Boneyard though.

I really wouldn't say they suck if they make you feel good.

Love Hurts-Nazareth......Junior high moonlight dances at the roller rink

Stand Back-Stevie Nicks..... One of the first songs I remember when MTV was available

April Wine-Harder Faster (Whole Album) the summer of '80

If You Steal My Sunshine- Len (this really might suck)

Archived