Gibson Brands Forums

You guys see this?

dem00n

Why doesn't Gibson cut their MSRP in half so every day folks can afford them, rather than make crap no one wants? My dream guitar is an ES-175, remember the one that started at $175 when it first went on the market in '49? Now the MSRP on that is around $5500. According to the inflation calculator, what cost $175 in 1949 should cost a little over $1500 today. That's way out of hand.

What is with some people. Companies need to make money to survive. Bottom line. It is not a charity or some f**kin' club that you own. The more Gibson users there are the more likely they will survive as a company. With the mindset some people have the LP woul;d never have been invented. What? A solid body guitar? That's it, worlds coming to end, Gibson will be out of business in a month. Get a grip

Why doesn't Gibson just start making strats' date=' because that's what these are. What's next, bolt-on necks? Maybe on Epiphones or Baldwins, but not my beloved Gibson.

[/quote']

They will keep on making the standard models, you can always pass on the raw power models and buy a standard or a custom...

Gibson is selling out. The value of our guitars is going to wind up in the toilet over this.

I don't think so... if anything your "standard" production/lineup guitar would increase in value if Gibson started making only the raw power models...

Archived