Gibson Brands Forums

ChickenFoot

TheLiveSoundGuy

See this is a discussion now' date=' now we can have respectful fun.

It just seems like they wrote those songs in 5 minutes. While it is hard to stay relevant musically, its incredibly easy to just recycle your old ideas. Look at Paul McCartney, he's older than the song he wrote about being old, and yet he's still making music that is considered artistically relevant by critics and fans alike. His new stuff still has that Paul McCartney feel too. He's not re-defining music or making a collaboration with T-Pain, he just puts a lot of time into songwriting and conceptualism.

Chickenfoot just seems like entertainment and not art, and its not for me.[/quote']

Ok, I can see that. But that "Thrown Together For Rockin' Fun" is totaly Sammy Haggar and Michael Anthony's influence. That's their approach to rock and Roll, and that minimalist attitude is something you don't hear Satriani doing very much. That's what I'm looking forward tomost, Satch as a Side Man. This may sound like I'm just being dissagreeable, but I thought Paul McCartney's newest sounded a little Uninspired and kinda Tired, but I've never been a big McCartney fan.

Ok' date=' I can see that. But that "Thrown Together For Rockin' Fun" is totaly Sammy Haggar and Michael Anthony's influence. That's their approach to rock and Roll, and that minimalist attitude is something you don't hear Satriani doing very much. That's what I'm looking forward tomost, Satch as a Side Man. This may sound like I'm just being dissagreeable, but I thought Paul McCartney's newest sounded a little Uninspired and kinda Tired, but I've never been a big McCartney fan.[/quote']

You're not being disagreeable you're stating your opinion in response to mine. It actually really worked because now you can relate to my feelings for Chickenfoot.

Wasn't that fun? I know I enjoyed it. Next time just leave Rihanna out of it, she's already been through so much...

You're not being disagreeable you're stating your opinion in response to mine. It actually really worked because now you can relate to my feelings for Chickenfoot.

Wasn't that fun? I know I enjoyed it. Next time just leave Rihanna out of it' date=' she's already been through so much...[/quote'] LOL I have a hard time feeling sorry for women that make bad decisions and stick by them. But yeah, that was enjoyable.

I'm digging what I've heard so far. I love Hagar, and I greatly appreciate Satch's abilities. I didn't become a Satch fan until my brother made me watch G3 in Tokyo. WHEW!

Anyway, I love the comercial where they are all saying "chikenfoot" over and over. My 7 year old son and I laughed our butts off watching that!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived