Gibson Brands Forums

Where do you guys shop for Guitars?

You have a basement in Houston?

What do you keep in it, fish?

I left there in 2001, over the years I bought a lot of stuff from Rockin' Robin on Shepherd just north of 59.

Fuller's Vintage on the North Loop at Yale was a good one.

You have a basement in Houston?

What do you keep in it' date=' fish?

I left there in 2001, over the years I bought a lot of stuff from Rockin' Robin on Shepherd just north of 59.

Fuller's Vintage on the North Loop at Yale was a good one.[/quote']

Are you serious? I go to Rockin' Robins all the time.

I usually take a little detour though and drive by Rice University and scope out the honeys if you know what i mean.

Careful with that basement interment thing. He'll only keep for about 3 days. It also shoots the hell out of your property value when the crazy religious types start building temples and churches on your property. And let me tell you those people have no sense of humor.

I have 2 gibson dealers in town...

1.- "Mas Musika" which belongs to a long time friend and is a great place, the guys that work there really know their stuff and are always helpful (at least with me hehehe). They have only USA models but nice anyway... they are the only Fender dealer (also: jackson, roland, boss, gretsch, vox, marshall, EH, ibanez, esp, and of course epi and squier) they prety much have the best stock in here... and they have new stock twice a month.

2.-"Discount Center" (which by the name alone you can guess I don't shop there, they are our version of best buy meets GC and MFers... imagine that, beat to **** guitars and freezers toghether in the same huge *** place...). They have in stock some nice custom shop stuff tho...

The point I was making is that there are few basements in Houston due to the water table.

It would always be full of water.

Not just leaking and seeping, FULL of water.

Once I was burying an electric line in my back yard and hit water at 20 inches.

I buy at Bizarre Guitar in Phoenix.

http://www.bizarreguitar.net/

Bought and sold several on Ebay, one on Craig's List.

Haven't bought one from Guitar Center in 6 years now, though we have four of them in Phoenix.

MFers.....

:-(

Rumor has it that two of them are gonna close.

I'm guessing one will be the Avondale store because it's newest and has the sh!ttiest inventory.

Scottsdale store because it used to be the high end store compared to the other three, and now has sh!tty inventory.

Now it looks like a spoiled teenager's bedroom, same as all the others.

A Guitar Center is a Guitar Center is a Guitar Center is a Guitar Center......

I have two local mom and pop shops around here, one sells Fenders/Martins the other one does Gibsons. Surprisingly enough, I usually spend most of my time at the Fender/Martin store because the Gibson dealers are often intolerable and rude.

Anyway, if you're into Fenders and are ever in the W. Lafayette/Purdue Uni area, check out McGuire's Music. Great staff, great gear (s'where I bought my Hot Rod Deluxe), and pretty good prices (got said HR Deluxe for ~730 dollars). Just an overall good store.

Oh, I don't work there. Just a big fan of quality service.

I frequent all the local shops. Can't say I'm loyal to any of them, but I do prefer to deal with the local Music Loft.

I have a good reporie with the owner, and we do a lot of straight up trading. (no money changes hands)

Everywhere really - I also use Bizarre in phoenix and Milano's in Mesa Az are the main ones but I travel a lot for business and private and quite a few have followed me home. I even will order a few on-line especially if I can't find a model or some amazing blow-out is going on the return policies on the big boxes make it pretty safe as far as I can see. I also buy used and sometimes only from E-Bay but only if the seller and I talk or he's done business I can follow and research a lot of smaller shops and collectors do good honest trade but many don't I haven't been burned yet.

I have even bought a few at GC and Sam Ash never had a nightmare like Neo or others I don't really negotiate never have so they don't really bother me. I learned a long time ago there a lot of guitars that sound amazing and seem at first note to be the holy grail that I've spent 30 years looking for and mostly there not.

Archived