Gibson Brands Forums

Hi is r8 worth a lot?

gibsonrene

I saw there is problem with frets, the white plastic is broken in many places....why gibson does this...why they dont make a longer fret anyways...

You are probably talking about 'nibs'. The small plastic tabs at the fret ends? If these are broken it should affect value. 

R8s are valuable, but to be certain you should do your own research. Its easy enough to check sale values with any search engine. 

A guitar is worth what you want to sell it for and what someone is willing to pay for it and where you both come to an agreement . . . no more or less. 

If the market says its worth 5k and you sell it for 5k, then it is on that day.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

A guitar is worth what you want to sell it for and what someone is willing to pay for it and where you both come to an agreement . . . no more or less. 

If the market says its worth 5k and you sell it for 5k, then it is on that day.

wow I did not know that....you must be a genious

1 hour ago, jvi said:

forum questions deserve answers not sarcastic bs-  

My answer is the most correct: A guitar is worth what you want to sell it for and what someone is willing to pay for it and where you both come to an agreement . . . no more or less. 

Do people think we know every current going price of used gear, especially high dollar guitars.  Then you be Mr. Helpful and tell him what his guitar that you have never seen, never played, and don't know the condition of,  what his treasure of a guitar is worth.

And I looked one up and gave him the link. So bite me.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

37 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

My answer is the most correct: A guitar is worth what you want to sell it for and what someone is willing to pay for it and where you both come to an agreement . . . no more or less. 

Do people think we know every current going price of used gear, especially high dollar guitars.  Then you be Mr. Helpful and tell him what his guitar that you have never seen, never played, and don't know the condition of,  what his treasure of a guitar is worth.

And I looked one up and gave him the link. So bite me.

Bite you where? In your butt? You gave such random answer you better just ignored my post.  It is like I would ask you  how much is bread in the store right now...and you would say well it costs as much as you pay for it and as much the seller sells for it....stupid reply.....I know reverb...but do you think those prices are realistic? 

18 minutes ago, gibsonrene said:

Bite you where? In your butt? You gave such random answer you better just ignored my post.  It is like I would ask you  how much is bread in the store right now...and you would say well it costs as much as you pay for it and as much the seller sells for it....stupid reply.....I know reverb...but do you think those prices are realistic? 

Did you even go to Reverb or Ebay and see what ones in the same condition are going for? Or did you just come here to be spoon fed? What do you want for it? It doesn't matter what we think its worth, we are not selling it. The prices on Reverb are real, but someone may not want to pay that much for one. If you think its worth more that what Reverb is selling them for, then sell it for more, or if you think its worth less, sell it for less.

My response to the bite me was to the Canadian. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

53 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Did you even go to Reverb or Ebay and see what ones in the same condition are going for? Or did you just come here to be spoon fed? What do you want for it? It doesn't matter what we think its worth, we are not selling it. The prices on Reverb are real, but someone may not want to pay that much for one. If you think its worth more that what Reverb is selling them for, then sell it for more, or if you think its worth less, sell it for less.

My response to the bite me was to the Canadian. 

i know but where should he bite you?

Why does someone come here and ask questions when they can go to an online site and get the answer in less than 1 minute.  Then they go to the site and don't think the prices are legit. Well, sell your guitar for what ever you want for it for. If the average going rate is 4k and you think its worth more, list it or tell the person you are selling it to what you want for it.  

1 hour ago, gibsonrene said:

Sgt. Pepper did not get his milk today, he is grumpy

Cause its hard to do here is a link to all the used R8's on Reverb. It ranges from 3.5k to 7k. So that is apparently what they are worth to the 76 people selling used ones.

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=Gibson R8&condition=used

4 hours ago, jvi said:

whats a forum for if not to ask questions ? Why do you post in so many topics and yet have nothing to add  but negativity ?

Ok. 2 points

#1 You have not attempted to answer the OP's question.

#2 Your posts on here have been negative and confrontational. 

You're better than this. Prove me right & demonstrate it. 

• Thanks 1