Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone name their guitars?

jimmiJAMM

Ok, we're all too familiar with EVH's Frankenstein, Eric Clapton's Blackie or B.B. King's Lucille but what about our beloved instruments?

My crew thus far:

Martin DR- Lolita

'07 SG- Sangria

'07 ZWLP- Bumble Beast

'65 Harmony H59- Mr. Rocket

Haven't named my '78 SG yet... but I will

People name their cars, boats, planes, etc. and many musicians throughout time have named their guitars.

Oh and callen... read up.

"When Eddie Van Halen made his debut into the rock music scene in 1978, he did so with a homemade guitar (later known as “Frankenstein”). At a time when his monster technique and tone demanded a high-performance, indestructible guitar, he created his own to reach his own seemingly impossible standards."

Basically, when people out there make their own fanboy versions they're commonly referred to as "Frankenstrats."

Let's see, I have Rosie, Cindy, Jan, Alice, Belle (as in "Hell's Belle"...lol) and Florence Henderson (because at the time I was toppling over from Jager-Bombs and couldn't remember that her name was "Carol" on the show). Marsha is my amp and two cabs...get it?

H-Bomb

PS...forgot "Agnus" (my Angus signature)...shame on me.

Ok' date=' we're all too familiar with EVH's Frankenstein, Eric Clapton's Blackie or B.B. King's Lucille but what about our beloved instruments?

[/quote']

I've never named any guitar. I really never saw the need or want.

Archived